Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-27-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
So I have been looking into new decks and boots!

I usually go flats, I want abrupt pop only taking me wake 2 wake but I would like to still get serious height!

As for boots, I tor all my ankle muscles this past season July 3rd. Therefor I would like alot of ankle support in a boot, and a tight fit. For those reasons I was thinking about the Marek boot with the System.

PS: I would like to stick to Hyperlite, or Byerly.

Thank you
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-28-2011, 12:24 AM Reply   
Hyperlite
B-side "blended 3 stage rocker"
Murray "subtile 3 stage"
Premier "three stage"

Byerly
Any of the byerly boards all of which have "blended 3 stage rocker"
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-28-2011, 4:10 AM Reply   
I ride LF stuff, so am not much help there. You say you have bad ankles...so do I. If I were you I'd get some lace up ankle braces that have the two heel lock straps on them, and wear them inside your boots. I did this inside of my Watson this year...it worked very well and was pretty much the only reason I was able to keep on riding 3+ days a week on two sprained ankles.
Old     (jsmilez321)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-28-2011, 7:28 AM Reply   
i know u said you would like to stick with hyperlite but i have riden the Murray Nova Core with system bindings.. I really like it and I am a three stage guy and like to go straight up. But to be honest the Ronix One (2011 Model) gives me the most straight up pop than any board Ive ridden. Liquid force Watson is pretty nice too, and didnt care for flex boards my buddy loves it but everyone is a little different.

As for boots I really dig the Ronix Cells... I had some older ones and they were almost to supportive for me... My buddy's systems are pretty sturdy he rode all summer and only thing wrong with them is the foot bed is starting to rip out.