Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-25-2003, 6:55 AM Reply   
Well finished the newest project yesterday. Neighbors tower speaker canisters. I have to take them to get Powder coated today. Nice tucked up and out of the way. They are about 6' 2" from the floor of the boat. After they are coated then I have to line the inside with sound deadning material. He will run four 5 1/4" Focals in them.

t1

t1t

tqt1

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       02-25-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
Nice work on the canisters. But, what’s up with powder coating?? I expected polished aluminum!
So will you be adding something like that to your product mix on your web site?
Can we take a vote on color… more purple?
Old    oldschool            02-25-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Looks warm there :-)
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-25-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
Jeff Polishing is not an option. I don't think canisters will be an item. Even though I am making about 6 sets right now. They are all for friends of mine.

Craig it was 27 degrees out when I took that picture. It was 3 degrees this morning. Brrr.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    buttskimmer            02-25-2003, 5:08 PM Reply   
How come you don't paint them? Look alot like mine. I will post pics tommorrow. We prime with etching primer - shoot any color base coat - then 3 coats clear. Looks like the shine on your car. Add a decal or two and shoot another clear to seal. You shoot bedliner material inside? or what other material?
Mine are finished and sound great - can't even hear the four speakers in the boat anymore.
~S~
P.S. How much?
~S~
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-25-2003, 5:16 PM Reply   
Awesome: They Look trick! Travis You need More on you boat Like 3 more sets! J/K wait no im not!

I have a serious problem!
G"
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-25-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
Scott I painted my set on the Phat-Boy. I opted not to paint these because i'm not footen the bill. It was easier for me to take it to the powder coater and let them deal with it. I line the inside with V-Max from http://www.cascadeaudio.com/
I currently only make them for friends of mine.

Grant that is not my boat. You really should have known. Our Pro-V will have B-60's B-530's and B-50's. That should make you happy.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

Old    mtbmudmachine            02-25-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
Travis: Sorry about the case of Mistaken Idenity, Wont happin again. You are right I should have known better,

"Ok your back in the Club"
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-25-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
Grant you crack me up. Like I would buy the Barney boat.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    buttskimmer            02-26-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/silvtongdvl/PhotoImages/after%20grind%202.jpg
Old    buttskimmer            02-26-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/silvtongdvl/PhotoImages/after%20grind%201.jpg
Old    buttskimmer            02-26-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/silvtongdvl/PhotoImages/tower%20speakers%20-%20all.jpg
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-26-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
Scott, those look sweet!!!!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
Nice cans!

But, what an ugly tower.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-26-2003, 1:47 PM Reply   
Scott it looks like the flange is out of 1/4" A little over kill don't you think?

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    buttskimmer            02-26-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
Its 3/8" plate - speakers need to resinate. Most home speakers are built with 1" wood for the mounts. I use something different for sound deadening.
Dane - thanks and I know its not the prettiest tower - its strong as h*ll and built to go around the winter top that hooks to the windsheild.
see next post.
Scott
Old    buttskimmer            02-26-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/silvtongdvl/PhotoImages/before%20extra%20tubes.jpg
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
Scott, I was referring to the cans and tower on the barney boat. I would say the same for your speaker cans and not knock your tower.
Old    buttskimmer            02-26-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
Ok you are forgiven
~S~
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-26-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
Did Travis say over kill? I can not believe it!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-26-2003, 3:58 PM Reply   
Phaeton,those are sweet if you decide to make them you could make a killing I would think
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
Phaeton, could you make them for 6.5" speakers?

BTW, does anyone know if 4 6.5" speakers are better than 4 5.25" speakers for sending sound to the rider? (the cockpit is surely getting enough sound either way).
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-26-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
Dane I can make the tubes any diameter. All I have to do it roll them like I did on the Phat-Boy.

However on the Barney boat I opted to purchase 6" irrigation pipe. You can also get it in 7".

The best way is to find what speakers you want to run and then build the canisters to match.

For them the 5 1/4" will be fine. It depends on who you are and what you can tolerate.

Jeff like I said before I am not interested in making canisters for a living. There are a number of company's out there that do that. For the time that is involved and what I would need to sell them for the profit margin is not there. I am just helping out some friends of mine.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    buttskimmer            02-26-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
Travis,
I second that and would like to add. They are custom made to fit the tower they are designed for. What I saw of yours and what I know is in mine can't be made to compete against store bought. I personally think that they add more to boat,sound every bit as good if not better. Custom costs unless you can build them yourself or have a great friend like you.
Scott
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-26-2003, 8:22 PM Reply   
Phaeton I understand.I think the way you angled those look alot better then some of the high end units.Very nice custom look.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-26-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
Would it piss you off if I had a friend of mine make something close to that...or would it be flattering...haha
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-26-2003, 9:20 PM Reply   
Jeff go for it. If he needs any laying out instructions email me and I will help him out.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-26-2003, 10:08 PM Reply   
Super sick Trav! Where's my powder coat board rack baby?