Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-28-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
I have two boards and I am thinking of getting another one. The first is the Hyperlite Landlock and my second board is a ShredStixx JaMako. I found that I could not improve greatly with the Landlock and purchased the JaMako, which I fell in love with instantly. I know maqny of you will find this strange, but I seem to more on the Landlock these days. Who'd a thunk it..... Anyway, I find them both fun to use and I use them both. Back to the new board I am thinking about.

I am 5'-11" and 185 LB's and 55 years young. I want a skim style board that spins easily so I can try different tricks. I would consider myself an intermediate rider.
Old     (alecia_lts)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2006, 5:42 AM Reply   
Dennis-

Definately check out the new Inland Surfer 4-skim. This board is super fast and responsive! It is by far the best "skim style" board I have ridden!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
http://www.walzerboards.com; top of the line skimstyle performance!

Walzer's been riding skimboards since 88' and shaping them for the last 5.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-29-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
The Walzer board website has not links and the email addy does not work. Can't seem to find the 4-skim either.
Old     (goodfoot00)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-29-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
Not sure if the JaMako has 2 or 3 fins. If there is 3, take the outside two out and try it. This will really loosen the board up and make spins easier, also try getting smaller fins. I recently rode an Inland Surfer Yellow and it's a great trick board and fast enough for us bigger guys. Everyone that tried it really liked it.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-29-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
thumbs up on the walzer....great skim style board..much better than the phase 5's..
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-29-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
how does one get a walzer??? I have an XBC and love the surf style board but I would like to try a Walzer...
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
The 4-skim from Inland will be a nice option, once it becomes commercially available in Mid November. Until then, those of us that don't run ski schools can't get one.

I "hear" about folks scoring Walzer's, and I think they really have the design nailed down, BUT...I've been trying to get one for over a month. Sean, I'm sorry man, but trying to get one of those is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. If you're bud's with Sean Ward or Sean Walzer you're golden, otherwise...in my experience, you're SOL.

For the time being, you really only have one option commercially available in a true skim style board and that's a Phase 5.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
I'm sorry I didn't know you wanted to buy one.

I've been trying to get you 1 at you one at "my cost" which moved it quite a ways down the priority list.

email me at my yahoo address

BTW- I believe there are now 2 or 3 in your neck of the woods.
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
Well, there is the man to talk to re: Walzer's. So, "How do I buy one?" was unclear? :-) I've been busting your chops since before April! :-)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Walzer and I are both perfectionists so R&D took a little longer than expected (ok, 6 months longer) but the results are worth it.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-29-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
Would love to try some of these boards out in central Florida, but I hardly see anyone riding on my lake. (Lkae June in Lake Placid, Florida) My friends and I get a lot stares and looks from other boaters, tubers and skiers.
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Sean...I don't have your yahoo email add'y. :-)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
swardphoto@yahoo.com

I'm changing the email in my profile until I switch servers.
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
I got a chance to see the Inland 4-skim up close at the World's. It's a pretty innovative design and while it has a similar outline to the vic/zap/phase 5 standard, there are some significant differences. Fin placement, dual fins, nose rocker and of course full EVA traction because Inland is an actual wakesurf board manufacturer not a skimboard manufacturer like Zap that slaps a fin on their board and calls it a Phase 5 wakesurfer.

This board is worth looking into when it hits stores.

Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-29-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Those board look thinner than the other IS boards, will they fit in a regular board rack? My daughter was going to buy me a Blue for Christmas, I think I might need to ask her to get a 4-Skim.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-29-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
where is Walzer from? His boards look sick!!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
San Diego, weren't you looking to move down here?
Old    4sher            09-29-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
They are much thinner (and amazingly light) and should fit in most board racks.
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
Mark tends to put a positive spin on the Inland Products. :-) It was lighter than a Phase 5, not as light as the Calibrated Lovett prototype. It is in fact thinner than the Blue thickness, I guessed it to be 3/4". This is a picture of the prototype from the world's. Note the fin location and there is also a wood layer that shows through on the surface - James loved the look of that. :-)

Upload
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-07-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
Here's my quiver. Actually the black one's not my mine. I'm holding it for someone until Monday but threw it in there to balance the picture out.
Upload
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-08-2006, 12:12 AM Reply   
sean,

you have been holding out....never have seen the orange or the blue board..btw,the black one looks very cool..