Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (mwilso27)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-20-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
I have an '07 X-1 and am looking to buy a house. I have been keeping the boat at a storage location, but want to be able to keep it in my garage. Can anyone give me guidance on how high of clearance you must have for the height of the garage doors?

The boat is on a tandem axel trailer and is being pulled by a 3/4 ton chevy.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-20-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
I just reframed my garage door opening to a 10wide by 8 high. I could have gotten away very closely with a 9 but the 8 high is a must witht e tower colapsed. I dont have a swing toung and I have a 27 deep garage. It has about 8-12" one the front and back with the platform stll on.

This is for a 93 sport nautique.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-20-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
Mike, a 7' garage door is all you need for the X1 with the tower folded. My buddy just picked up a 05 X2 on a tandem and he had about 2"s of clearance. Ive got a 05 X2 also but on a single axle and have to drop the tires to 30psi to clear my 7' garage door.
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-20-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
my garage door is 10 feet high get in my boat with tower up no problem.