Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-20-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
SPRING HAS SPRUNG~~~~NEW THREAD AND SHRED

Do the following when the water is too cold....
roosten.....
Upload
Upload
biking.....
Upload
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-21-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
Looks like fun Jason. Think I might have to invest in some cool power toys myself. Maybe time for a snow mobile and a couple 4 wheelers. No way I could get my wife on a motorcycle, so I think 4 wheels is the way to go for me.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-21-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
Anthony,

Motorcycle is MUCH safer than 4 Weeelers IMO.

NICE Jason.... That Mountain bike pic is good stuff, who did the panning? Did you get the email I sent you about the MTN bike tri this weekend? I wonder if they will still do it if it gets wet....

(Message edited by Deuce on April 21, 2009)
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-22-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
E.J.~~~a buddy of mine took that pic of the mountain biking. It was actually in Fruita last Fall, but I've been riding a bunch this Spring already.

And you are 100% right on the safety of 4 weeeelers. They are not nearly as safe as a dirt bike. If you like mountain biking, you need to try trail riding on a dirt bike. Lets just say I'm going to have a hard time deciding between wake boarding and dirt biking.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-22-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
My brother in law and nephew are big into the MX..... Michelle hates motorcycles, she does not differentiate the road from the dirt.... All bad. I'd have a better chance getting a girlfriend than a motorcycle......

Besides, now with the roadie, I am not sure when I am going to have ample time for the bikes and boat.... 26 miles on the road on Saturday, then shoreline with the MTB on Sunday.... Getting in some time when I can.....

In a few weeks, I am going to come ride up that way.... Maybe Kimble Jct. to your place.....you'll have the beers read I assume?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-23-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Drysuits are off!
Water at UT Lake last night was 62!
Upload
Upload
}Upload
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-23-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
good pics josh, water temp 62 and you are in a full wetsuit?!?! grow some nads
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-23-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Josh, the fashion police is looking for you!!! You violate section 3.2a (wearing board shorts over long wetsuits)....

Water was 78F and air was 85 yesterday, Hide and the kids got their first sets of the year in and they had a blast. (but it's raining here today).

(Message edited by Ryan_shima1 on April 23, 2009)
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-23-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Jim ~~ Grow some nads? Last set of the year in 08 was Dec 7th, and first set of the 09 season was just after ice off (all thanks to David H). O, and smaller people like myself don't do as good in colder water than others! Let's get on the lake and I will drive so you can trunk it, your a bad ass!

Shima ~~ I will not wear the shorts when your around.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-23-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
E.J.....just let me know when you want to come up and ride the mountain bike in my back yard. I will throw down for beer and margaritas. You can ask Jim about my margaritas. They suck.

Josh....62 and wetsuit????? I agree with Jim~~~grow some nads. I will even trunk it in anything over 60 and I'm one of the biggest wimps around. Just jaggin ya. Great pics and I'm happy to see you riding. I may go out this weekend but I have a dirt bike riding offer to consider.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-24-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
JB is the margarita master. I have tried to emulate his recipe with little success. EJ be prepared for a sleepover!

Josh, my boat is still in hibernation so I guess I should stick my nads in my mouth
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-24-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
Jim ~~

Jason ~~ With the weather being the way it is... dirt bike for sure!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-24-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
I see the weather is turning crappy again back home, that sucks! Can't it just stay consistent already!!!!!!!
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-27-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Jason, did you say margaritas?

What the heck ever happened to the pool and drinking party? I wanted to finally do something I was good at.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-28-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
Anthony ~~ Your beating a dead horse!

Shima ~~ Welcome back, I hope you brought some sun with you!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-28-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Josh, I actually only got sun on the last 2 days I was home. Doesn't look like I did a good job bringing the sun & warmth back with me.
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-28-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
Upload

I hate that horse anyway.

Ryan, glad you are back. How are you feeling about your season?
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-28-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
Anthony, I am down for pool and beer at my place. Lets do it!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
I'm in......assuming I am invited....
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-28-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Anthony, I feel pretty good about how the season went this year. It was a good model for this Olympic year, although a lot of work still needs to be done.

I'm down for drinks and pool too!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-29-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
Jim ~~ We heard this before !
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-29-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
I'm working on a job in Idaho so can we do it soon? I'd like to get to some whooping :-)
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-30-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-30-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
ok, I am working on getting permission for one of the next two weekends, who is in for the wakeworld pool tourney!!!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-30-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
I'm in but this weekend might be problematic. Next weekend would be better for me.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-30-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
Jim....this weekend would work but next weekend is roost-a-fari in Moab. Dirt biking is pretty f-ing addicting....kind of like all the other sports I do.

I don't want to put ya all to shame anyway. My plan would be to get ya all drunk and kick your ashes.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-30-2009, 9:58 PM Reply   
Jason, if memory serves me right, it was you who got put to shame last time . Hahaha!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-30-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
BTW Anthony, that was pretty funny!
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-01-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Guys I cant this weekend. I meant one of the following 2 weekends.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-01-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Willard Bay south Marina is open for business, now whos up for some waterfun next week before I take off north for my hitch? Speedo is fixed now.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-01-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Matt, I will be soon. I'll be in touch.

Jim, just let me know when you decide.
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
Matt, I'm probably game. My contract got killed yesterday so I'm free for a couple weeks while I job search/wrap up :-)

I'm down for whatever weekend to play. If 2 weeks from now works for everyone, then that works for me.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-01-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
I head back up to tundra land this coming Wed so first good day it looks like Im up for, whether it be morning, afternoon, or evening. Except 5 de Mayo (wifes B-day) call me if you need too 801-726-7570
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       05-01-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
Jim, quit slacking! You've been talking about this for three years now! I'm in, if it ever happens
Old     (sky_high)      Join Date: May 2008       05-01-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
Hey matt you gonna post up some of the pics from yesterday or what?
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-01-2009, 8:49 PM Reply   
LOL yes I will, and incedently all the good pics were of you on the board! I will do it first thing tommarrow the wife is hounding me this minute
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-01-2009, 10:04 PM Reply   
Went to South Marina tonight to test run the boat to make sure everything was running properly. First off, the bugs SUCK right now! Second, the water in the marina is so mucky and filled with crap that it's like taking your boat out of a swamp. But the water out in the main lake seems fine. On the good side, it's a shorter drive from home.

Well, at first, had a heating problem and thought it was the impellar since we changed it last night (even though the last one was fine). After trouble shooting for about 90', and noticing nothing wrong, we put back in and everything was ok all of a sudden. So ran the boat on the lake for about 10 minutes and headed in after discovering no issues.

Next project, changing my steering cable, but not sure when that will happen.

Matt, can't ride on either Mon or Tues because of work and Monday is wife's birthday and Tues is our anniversary. I guess we'll need to hook up on your next trip home.

Sky, how's it going man!!!! Did you ever end up selling your boat? BTW, did you hear Taggart is getting married tomorrow??? I just found out from him today.

(Message edited by Ryan_shima1 on May 01, 2009)
Old     (sky_high)      Join Date: May 2008       05-02-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
Matt, sweet i found some on centurion crew, loooked good, it was fun

Ryan, things are going good, i still have my boat, still up for sale this economy is taking a toll! Yah that is wild that ryan is tying the Knot, i have not seen him for a while but he seems happy and his dad said that the family really likes the girl she is marrying so i wish him all the luck in the world
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-02-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
Sky, yeah she seemed really nice the one time I met her. I'm happy for him.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-02-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Ry, get that cable changed! You might be the only one strong enough to steer your boat.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-02-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Haha, I hear that Jimbo! I even had a hard time yesterday at first but then it started loosening up as we drove the boat for the 10'.

Have you de-winterized your boat yet?
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-04-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
Ry, I havent done the boat yet. I was planning to do it the last couple days but the rain got in the way. I am hoping to do it one of the next few evenings, lets pray I winterized it properly!!!
Old     (elduke)      Join Date: May 2002       05-04-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
I would probably be in on the tournament of pool but it is a promise not fulfilled. Just teasing us for years. I am wondering if you even have a pool table...

Ryan watch the temp gauge for the next couple of outings. Typical wear is 100 hours or 2 seasons, whichever comes first. And if you did not use RV antifreeze they wear out sooner. I just drained the block on my SNOB and my impellar was shot on first run. I had run it in my driveway for an hours and it was fine but once under load kapoww!! Good thing I always carry a spare.

When is it actually going to get warm? I hate Utah spring!!
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-04-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
Dario, you will be at the pool event and you will be throwin down the brews, just like the good old days at the Vortex :-)

How does the weekend of the 15th work for you guys?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-04-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
Jim ~~ So does it mean that the 16th being Armed Forces Day were celebrating something. I'm with D though, are you sure you have a table? I guess I need to make sure that I'm invited ( I will bring the high point Natti!)
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-04-2009, 10:31 PM Reply   
Jim, that weekend should work but we also promised Dave & Dawn to babysit Maddy for them, but not sure what weekend yet. So we may have to bail if it falls on the same day.

Darin, thanks for the advice. I will for sure keep an eye on the temp gauge for the next time we go out. The old impellar was still good so I'm keeping that as a backup.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-05-2009, 8:47 PM Reply   
The 15th could probably work for me. I will bring some PBR. You better be there, cause I'm not checking this board until after the event and I'm just showing up at your house. If your not there, I will make myself at home. Make sure your sheets are clean.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-05-2009, 11:41 PM Reply   
Looking for a good place to take my trailer for some possible brake repairs. Any suggestions? I live in Lehi. Thx....
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-06-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
Hey Levi, I'm not aware of any place but maybe someone else on here will know of a place to go. I would be curious as well since at some point in the future, I'll probably need some trailer work.
Old     (davidbouvier)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-06-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
jim, ryan, dawn and i will be in san diego that weekend so have fun. you guys can do your trailer brakes yourself. it's too easy. I'm probably all done wakeboarding because of my shoulder, but i still want to mooch boat time. If you guys head out at a decent hour on weekends let me know.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-06-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for letting me know Dave. I'll let you know when we head out on the water. I'm getting the steering cable changed out right now but any time we head out on the water, you, Dawn & Maddy are welcome. Have a great time in San Diego!
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-07-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
How about the 16th or does Friday the 15th work better? Either night works for me so lets get it done!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-07-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Jim, either day would work for me.
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-07-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
Not sure I'm going to make pool night. I'm starting my new job on the 1st of June in Idaho. Lots to do between now and then to get prepared. I'm going to stay with the military down here so I'll be coming down once a month and hope to see you all every once in a while.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-07-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Anthony, congrats on the new job but it sucks you won't be around much. You'll need to stay in touch and make sure you let us know when you'll be back in town so we can get out on the water.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-07-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
Anthony you brought up the pool deal and now you arent coming?!?!? A few hours of beer and pool wont hold you back!
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-07-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
I'll have to take a look Jim, I apologize for starting something I can't finish but I have so much going on right now it's not even funny. There's a good chance I'm going to be in Cali for the next week or so helping out with some family things before I even start to move.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-07-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
Well, the boat is now officially summerized. Jim, you won't have to worry about getting an upper body workout now when you drive the supra, the steering cable was changed today and it steers like butter!

Willard was windy tonight so no riding (except Faith who took a short set in the chop). But it was nice to run the boat to make sure everything runs right & works properly after the winter. Bugs are hatching!!!!! The walls look like they have smoke above them from swarms. It's going to suck for the next month!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-12-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
Jim ~~ You on or what for this weekend?

Shima ~~ If you need a break from your protein in take from eating all those bugs, hit David up... he's more than willing to ride anytime!
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-12-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
Haven't posted in a while and at the risk of it being bad form, I wanted the Utah contingent to know I have a Lake Powell houseboat for sale should anyone have any interest. Share is on 73x16 ft. houseboat; week #22; will sell for $5500 - it's priced to sell. I can post pics if you'd like, but also understand the "find rider" forum is not the place - forgive me if such is the case. But, I know a lot on here go to Powell on regular basis.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-12-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
Hey Josh, will do. What's been your schedule like these days? Have you started your "off work" Monday's yet?

Hey Brad, it's been a while since we've seen you on the thread. Good luck in selling your HB share.

You planning to keep your boat up at EC again this season?
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-12-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan, nice hearing from you. Yes, it's been a while. I lurk, but rarely post. Not sure where I'll keep boat although I prefer EC. Missed the entire season last year with other issues, but anxious to get out a lot this year. Hope to see you around.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-12-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
Josh, I spoke with Jim. He said the pool tourney is off, he has a big lawn sprinkler project to complete this weekend. Plus, guys starting bailing out so I don't blame him for wanting to cancel.

Brad, hope to see you out on the water. Let me know if you want to ride at all.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-13-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Shima ~~ Not Jason, he's going to be on Jim's door step with cold drinks having a good time!
Old    dhorton            05-13-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
All ~ anyone interested in playing pool is welcome to play on my table this Friday night. It is poker night at my house Friday and the pool table is mostly used by the early losers to try and make some of their money back (all to often this includes me). If you like playing poker, looks like this Fridays game may be a few guy short of a full table, let me know if you have any interest in either.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-14-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
David ~~ So your saying every time we played I should have thrown down a bet? You think I'm a rookie, you let me beat you every game and when it comes time to bet your going to hussel me.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-14-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
Hey Dave, thanks for the invite. Not sure if I'll be able to make it but when would you need to know by? I haven't played poker in ages.
Old    dhorton            05-14-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
hey Ryan if you want to play let me know anytime we start at 8pm, looks like we have enough guys and we should be playing
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-14-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
Just picked up a Voda tramp board for my B-day and I hope it helps me progress and throw a few more tricks in my very limited bag-O-tricks....then I will suck less. I sessioned it after work today and I'm pretty impressed with it as a training tool. I just need to add some pull in the rope to get a better simulation.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-14-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
David, I will let you know but don't plan on me as of right now. I hope you win a lot of money, I mean, it is your house.

Jason, nice purchase. The VODA is made from the same guys (most of them) as the ones who produced the GURU boards. Have you gotten your boat out yet???
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-15-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ Right on with the purchase, I would like to try one and see how it works. Let us know what you think about it when you get some time on it.

David ~~ I got people in town but might try and sneak away and take some of your winnings!

Anybody else going out this weekend to enjoy some sunshine and chilly water? Be safe and post up some pics if you do.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-16-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Greetings from the Arctic! Hope all is well and everyone is having a good time on some water.

Ryan, Anthoney,Josh lets hook up when I get back in week!! Im itchin to warm up from this sub zero crap Ive been workin in all day
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-16-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
thats one week that is. my bad
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-16-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Matt ~~ You know I'm down, not sure I want to make the ride for the bugs!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-16-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
Im for an afternoon/morning sets by all means,,,Keep in mind,,,I will have 2 weeks off from working!!!!
Pineveiw could be an option as well
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-16-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
Utah lake this afternoon. Water temp is nice...just boardshorts and after the first plunge no probs. No temp guage on my boat or I'd pass it along..... Powell in a week for me! Hope to see you guys out there sometime!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-17-2009, 11:01 PM Reply   
Matt, let me know when you get back and we'll do it up.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-18-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
Nothing like Sunday session's!
Upload
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-21-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
Levi, I had some trailer work done down Sprinville at Bubba's Trailers. (If I recall correctly, just down the road from MM Watersports at the springville exit, west side of the freeway. Sorry for not posting this earlier I just finally got to a computer.

Shima Im in Anch now I fly in tomarrow morn!! so lets do it for next week Im pretty much game for whenever Time for me to thaw out!!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-21-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
Ok, I'll be going out of town tomorrow until Monday evening. I'll let you know what day next week I can get out on the water. Looking forward to the ride.