Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (quantum_c)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
I just was wondering how hard sliders are on a wakeboard (never done them) vs rails on a snowboard.

I watched the CWB demo day video http://www.wakepics.com/img/21040 and from a snowboarders perspective thoughs rails seem not that hard.

Right now I can do jump and none jump on single kinks, battle ship and rainbow rails. Working on the double kinks
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
I consider myself a lot better snowboarding and hit certain rails and fun-boxes but there was nothing easy about that rail on that demo day yesterday.
The little white fun-box yes,the rail no.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-27-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding is way easier. You are holding a rope which you can use for balance. The only sketchy part is that you are going 22 mph when you are wakeboarding.
Old     (quantum_c)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
Thanks Ed,
Have you riden at Mammoth ski hill, their snow report says they get more snow then Sunshine which is at 7000-9000 ft :P in the rockies.
One question for you Do you really need to go that fast for those rails :P ?

mike what rails have you hit on a snowboard / wakeboard.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-27-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
No you don't have to go that fast but usually we hit the sliders in the middle of a run so you just don't slow the boat down. I have built several sliders and every resort on the mountain up here has a park with rails and fun boxes. I can't kill the rails but the curved funboxes, now thats another story.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-27-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
I thought that rail at the demo day was a whole hell of a lot easier than any rail I've ever hit on a snowboard.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-27-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
every time we hit rails we go like 18mph. OWC typically is going at or around the same speed
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-27-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
or shall i say "used to" because I haven't hit a rail in a couple years
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
wakeboarding is a million times easier. your goin so fast that by the time you get on the rail your almost off and plus you have the rope to help balance. the only thing that ive found easier on the snow is nose presses
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
I definitely heard it go either way on this one.For me is just the speed that gets me scared.That small fun-box yesterday was way sketchy then most fun-boxes snowboarding.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
ed, let's get josh to take you, thane and i out on sunday!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-28-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
Man I wish I could and sounds like an awesome idea that usually I would be all over but today and tomorrow I got class.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-28-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
I dont know how wakeboarding is easier on sliders than snowboarding because you have a handle for balance. Ya maybe a slight benefit but can you really hit a slider at about 10mph on a wakeboard?? hell no you would smack your face or not even slide the whole rail. plus on a snow board theres no way your comming out of those boots and bindings. Buddy hit an a-frame on a wakeskate bailed half way through and slid down with the rail between his legs only to have a 4x4 take the skin off his shin to the bone. On a snowboard you can hit it as fast or as mellow as you want. The slide feels a bit more fluid and you can control your speed into the jib. Cant do that stuff on a wakeboard my freind. Got tons of respect for snowboarding and love the sport but its getting a little over board how much peeps compare our sport to that. This started from guys on surf boards trying to sesh behind a boat not on snowboards. there are some views i agree with on bringing the snowboarding side of things to our sport but not rails cant compare