Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    jfair            07-10-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
Im thinking of buying one of these boats but wasnt sure if the resale value would be there. Please give me your honest opinions.

Orange one 2005 Malibu WS 23 LSV

Red one 2004 Malibu WS 23 LSV

UploadUpload
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
I think the orange looks pretty bad ass, but I don't know if I'd wanna look at in my garage every day. I say red
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
You will get better resale value with the Red and Black one but I say go for the Orange one cause it looks pretty sick and you don't see that color out on the lake to much.
Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Orange and black is sick looking!
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       07-10-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
Orange and Black for sure. That tower is much nicer too. I kinda agree with CAR on the resale value being higher with Red because more people want it but I would pay more for the orange one anyday.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-10-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
Definitely orange and black. The red and black is played.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-10-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
They're both nice, and I agree on resale on the red one, but personally I like the orange one. I'm not sure I'd buy it myself, though - tough call.

The Blade towers are being recalled or something. Run a search on themalibucrew.com.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
I don't think you can go wrong. I will tell you my buddy has a blade tower and the rack broke really easy after they put a board on it. Malibu is replacing the whole tower.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
i like the orange one. that's too bad about the towers. they were growing on me.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
I dont think you can go wrong either way on colors... but price will be cheaper or should be on the red/black combo one..
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-11-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
I really dont like those blade towers that right there would make up my mind
JJ
Old    ilovetrains            07-11-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
reb and black, that beige in orange one looks kind of weird on the water.
Old     (tvreeland)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-11-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
The Blade tower got discountinued because they couldn't produce it fast enough. I really like how it looks and the kicker speakers are loud and sound real good.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-11-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Orange
Old     (iup37)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
definitely the orange one...i think those towers are badass looking, it's a shame that they're being discontinued...i would think the re-sale value would be more on the orange one just because it is a rare color combination
Old     (jillyjam)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
Either one sucks...the towers are proven not to be stable enough and have a tendency to rock. Engineering wise, there are no balance points to support the beefy pulls. Forget pulling double boarders or a tube of 3...the tower will flex-
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-12-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
Jilly, which tower do you recommend for pulling a tube with three people in it?
Old    ilovetrains            07-12-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
Actually, I just was watching a VLX with the blade tower pulling two riders on Saturday.

As for engineering, not sure what kind of engineer you might be, but towers do not have balance points.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-12-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
I have the illusion X tower
pulled 3 guys in a tube from the tower
guys weighed about 600 lbs combined....no problem
no flex or noise at all...(from the tower)
I do use the bungie tube rope...don't know if that matters
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-12-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
If you are looking to getting close to what you pay for the boat back out of it. Go with the 04 because it's depreciated itself already. Depending on what you're paying for it you shouldn't get hurt or upside down if you need to liquidate it. The 06 will be a different story unless you hold onto it for 2-3 years because of the amount of interest you're not paying the prinipal down enough.

You should visit a website I use often when making fincancial decisions. It's free and has a bunch of different Java calculators so you can play around with the price and see where the payoff is if you wanted/needed to get rid of it. After you type the financial information into the calculator and hit calculate there's a place at the bottom of the screen to view an amortization schedule. It will launch into a new window and breaks down with each payment the amount of principal and interest you'll be paying. Here's a link to the website http://www.dinkytown.net

I have no affiliation with the website I just like to use it!

Hope this info helps.

(Message edited by knwebs on July 12, 2006)