Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-18-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
Anybody know other details? I know JIM filed BK. and they have security not letting anyone in or near boats.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-18-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
It was just a matter of time... Sorry to see them close the doors
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-18-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
Wow! I drove by there on my way to Napa today and didn't even notice anything was different.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-18-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
the one in davis closed too, now its an RV place.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-18-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
The one in Davis and Rancho Cordova was owned by someone else. And they just kept the name.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-19-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
wow. thats sad. i only wonder if copes going to run into any problems? i know their a lot bigger then hammers, but the one in rohnert park looks dead. i have a feeling this is only the beginning. the next three years are going to be scary.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-19-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
bad time to work in the industry but may be a good time to buy a boat. i remember the inventory from davis made its way around the bay and the prices on thiose specific boats were below used prices for brand new boats. the inventory gets repoed i believe then destributed to other delears at a very low cost. maybe a dealer could chime in and explain how it works. and im sorry to here the bad news hammer my friends 210 came from there, good people up there what a rough time to lose a job before xmas.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-19-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Byran- i'm a dealer up in Fresno. I'm not sure what happenes to the boats when a dealer goes bankrupt and out of business. I know that when a manufacture pulls its line of boats from a dealer, those boats go to other dealers that sale that product in that state. the dealers receiving those boats do get them on a well discounted price so are able to drop the sticker prices and get rid of them fast. Thats what happenes most of the time. I'm not sure if its the same when a dealership just simply can't pay their bills anymore and go out of business. Its been a tough year for Ca and i'm sure theres about 2 1/2 or 3 more to come. The key for the dealers to stay afloat is to keep the inventory low.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-19-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
Sad to hear. We bought our boat from Hammers. We had our boat serviced there a few times and we were really pleased with their service department.
Old    Ben Kerran            12-19-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
Anyone know if their Fairfield store closed also?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-19-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
its sad to see another little local boat dealer close. the life of local small business is slowly rotting away. look at the brighter side. now when i pass hammers i dont have to see that ugly dale jr boat. hell give copes nau and cen. then they'll own the rights to almost every wake boat out. just name the business copes.. no. ummm ultimate water-sports.. ummm no. lets go with ultimate water boats. the people will never find out.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-19-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
ponte....copes/ultimate already has Centurion.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-19-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
your right. they should just be the only ones on the west coast that can sell boats.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-19-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
man that would be a long drive to the east coast just for me to buy a boat then
Old     (wakeschool)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-19-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Hammers and Hot H2o helped me start Norcal sessions wake school in Tahoe/Sac 4 Years ago now scot ferwerdas wake school in Orlando.

Moment of silence........................................... .................................................. ................................
Old    walt            12-19-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
From the looks of things MarineMax in RP is dead too. The lot use to be packed with boats and now there are only a few out there.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-19-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
Wow I bought my boat from Jim Hammer. He is a great guy. And gave me some great service. I wish Jim the best of luck I know it tough out there. Sorry for town of Petaluma losing a shop.

They say you can pet a lama but you cant Petaluma!
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-23-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
The shop is still sitting there still. Looks like its just closed with all boats ect still sitting. I think the Bank owns everything now. Security in the Parking lot 24/7. Sad days. The boat industry is in the Crapper. Cope has some rediculous amount of 07 boats inventory still sitting in various spots around NorCal. I know a few people who work at Ultimate and they say its not Pretty either. Will they be next? Someone has to sell boats.
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-24-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
Wow! I am bummed by that news. I bought my boat there and really enjoyed having that shop in town. I did hear about some financial issues a few weeks ago.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-25-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
I hate to see small business's fail, but theres always a reason.
I bought my first boat from them in Petaluma. It was a used bayliner, it caught fire 200 yards off of the ramp in Folsom. I later got satisfaction, but that boat should have been in the junkyard, not in a used boat inventory.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-27-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Walt, Marine Max isn't in R.P., thats Ultimate. Marine Max is on Santa Rosa Ave in S.R., who by the way won't be selling Sanger's any more. I been wondering whats up with Ultimate tho cuz every time I drive by after work at 4:30, there is no one in there...
Old    walt            12-27-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
Right you are and my bad. Marinemax is in Santa Rosa.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-27-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
Their lot is still looking thin too, but it usualy is in the winter. And somehow they lost or gave up Sanger so they aren't selling/stocking any comp boats for the time being.