Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-03-2010, 9:42 PM Reply   
This is some footage from our last wakeworld dune trip. Most of the crew had left on sunday but my friend (on the kawi with the helmet cam)and I set out on one more ride and found some huge jump into the wind that was pretty fun. IT was 4th pinned on my 450. There are some other clips of jumps and a wipeout. Enjoy :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt6wJmC86J8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-h_X7oAaWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAJJ9vZvTbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCfqLLH1sM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIBS8GTolaE
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-03-2010, 9:50 PM Reply   
sick, that was huge!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-04-2010, 6:58 AM Reply   
Awesome. That was big
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-04-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for putting those up Chris, awesome!

My go pro should be here soon and can't wait to test it out.

How was New Years?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-04-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
Sweet Jeebuz that was some great jumpin.!! You all make it look so easy. I still can't ride in sand without looking like a shopping cart being hurled down a hill.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-04-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
Thanks guys...it was a fun trip especially cause it poured in San Diego the entire trip while we where all enjoying perfect winter dune riding....

Hey Brian did u get the HD version go pro?

New years was fun glamis was packed as usual...new years eve we took the rzr to olds and sat up top to the left out of harms way lol ive never seen so much chaos down below in my life lol some pretty fun stuff going on that I'm almost certain alcohol didn't have anything to do with :-)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-04-2010, 8:53 PM Reply   
Yeah I ordered the Helmet hero HD so I could get the different helmet mounts (moto and skate style), then I ordered the surf mount kit as well.

I think we're going to get some good surf, wake, and moto footage.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-05-2010, 6:27 AM Reply   
Thanks Chris, looks like some fun

"glamis was packed as usual..."

It must have been!
We were returning from Mex Sunday afternoon on the 8, and I've never seen so many toy haulers and motor homes in a row in my life!!
It was a solid constant line all the way into SD...
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-05-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
Yeah we were one of them lol how was your guys trip...cold beers and even colder water lol ?
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-05-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Great footage Chris!

The water was COLD...but you can't go down without getting a pull in.

Brian...where did you order your Helmet Hero from???

Brandon
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-05-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
Brandon:

Melissa's cousin works at dive shop and they carry them.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-05-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Our trip was great Chris!
Air a pleasant 73, beers about 35 degrees, and as Brandon said, water was a cold 55.
Too cold for the old man, and our boys weren't there to take the customary New Years Day trunk ride, but Joe's kids across the river trunked it on New Years Day to keep the tradition going

I'll bet that full moon was awesome in the dunes at night!

(Message edited by rio_sanger on January 05, 2010)
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-05-2010, 10:54 PM Reply   
Yeah it was epic as far as the night rides went...The wife and I really need to get a move on with the century pass interview! We haven't been down for months

Brian... Kristy got me the non HD go pro for Xmas she didn't know they make the HD. I haven't opened it yet I was contemplating selling it and upgradeing??? What do u think I should do? The video above is from the HD model and it's pretty awesome
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-05-2010, 11:11 PM Reply   
nice dude. sand is super sketchy. wind doesnt help either
Old     (cpboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-06-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Looks like you guys found some good lines out there! Where was the dune in the first two vids at?
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-06-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
If u leave the sand drags heading north the trail will narrow down abit with a dune ridge on your right and the downhill leading to all the camping on your left...I'd say about a 1/2 a mile in from the end of the sand drags at gordons the jump is over the ridge on your right....wow that sounds really confusing lol
Old     (cpboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-06-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
Ha, not confusing at all. I'll have to check that out next time we ride down to the restaurant. We camp up off Gecko Rd but ride down there at least once every trip.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-07-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Cool the trail u take across will take u right by it it'll be on your left just watch for the ridge to get flat and wide then that should be ballpark ... We can't wait to go back n get some still shots!!!
Old     (akman)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2010, 3:03 AM Reply   
Yep the Dunes were packed New Years, but it was still a damn good time. We rolled out with 14 families from my neighborhood for a few days. Kory had a lot of fun playing with the 12 - 15 kids in the group. Laura and Kory had fun rolling around the dunes in Laura's Christmas present, we had fun as a family and I had some fun on some longer rides with the pack. Got out of there late Saturday to beat the crowds home.

14 families circled up
Upload
crowd at the sand drags, it was like this on both sides
Upload
Mrs Gramps cruiser
Upload
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
Nice!!