Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    tommyadrian5            06-09-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Last august I purchased a 1999 Mastercraft Sportstar. It is the exact same hull as the straight inboard "wakeboard" model that mastercraft made the 2000 model year, also known as the X-5, minus the oem tower and ballast system. The boat I bought came with 2 fat sacs and the tower seen in the picture below tower. I am wondering if anybody knows the best way to weight this boat down(using the two 500# fat sacs, and more if necessary). Should i put them on either side of the engine compartment, or one in the front and one in the trunk? Any ideas? What is a good configuration to start out with?

pic of corresponding wakeboard model

(Message edited by tommyadrian5 on June 09, 2003)
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-09-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
One on each side of the engine compartment would be best for now. You want to keep most of the weight in the back and around the engine. There are many options. Only put weight in the bow if the back is weighted heavily. You could put both sacs in the back and put 3-4 sand bags in the bow to counter balance. That would be an inexpensive alternative to add more weight.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-09-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
I agree with David. One on each side of engine for now. Later try to get a fatseat and put in the rear and then put one sac in the walkway up front. That wake will be about as nice as you'll be able to get it !!!