Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    hitwolf            07-18-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
Hello every one, being new to the wake surf scene i have a few questions about boards. All of the people I will be wake surfing with weigh between 185-210 and are fairly good athletes. Would the phase 5 prop be the right mix of a easy boyant surf style boards and a a board with a litte more play in it?

Thanks in advance. link for what i was looking at.
If you have recomendations, feel free to add :-). Im not looking to spend a fortune on a board thought because i still need to but a couple of fatsacs and a pump.
http://phase5boards.com/productPropBoard.cfm
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Colin,
Phase 5 boards are skim style boards, not surf style boards. Skim style boards are very loose because of their design and they usually only have 1 small fin. If you are interested in doing shuvs and spins, a skim style board is the way to go. In my opinion, surf style boards are easier to learn to surf on. They usually have 2 to 3 large fins that make them more stable to ride. Surf style boards are great for getting big air. There are also hybrid boards that are a combination of the two. If you review the threads under the wakesurfing forum, you'll find a lot of info on selecting the correct board.