Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (brad24)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-04-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Hey, just wanted to know how the support is in these bindings and if they're worth getting. Is the heel and toe hold down good? Thats a HUGE issue with my current LF Super Suctions. I've heard the Alpha's are really comfy but I dont know how good the support is. . . Also, can someone explain exactly how the FAST system works? Overall, are these a good boot for the money?

Thanks!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
i thought it was the worst support ever, but im use to 3ds's which are stiff as hell. what size are you, my friend is selling his larges and they are in really good shape. email me if you might be interested. like i said, they werent the bindings for me, but they might be great for yourself :-)
Old    malibu73            10-05-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
I really liked mine, they wern't wide enough for my feet, but other than that. I loved them.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-05-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
I just bought a pair about a month ago. They are really comfortable, and the hold down is pretty good. I came up short on a TS Backroll and the front edge caught the water first, and I did not come out. IMO, I think that the Alpha's are great bindings for beg/int riders. But, when you start landing int/adv tricks, you might want more ankle support. As far as the fast system, the boot rotates on the plate. you just loosen up the thumb screws and you can change the toe-in or out pretty easy. Plus, the notches are numbered in degrees, so it takes out the guesswork. It's a nice feature to have....

(Message edited by byrd on October 05, 2006)
Old     (brad24)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-05-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Alright, are they better supporting than 06 States though? Also, I'm comparing them directly to 05 3DS boots and 04 Highbacks (same binding) so is it more comfortable than those? Better supporting?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-05-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
I have not tried those, but with other high backs I have tried, they are probably more comfortable but with less ankle support. If you want both comfort and support you probably need to look at the Transits. I have a pair on the way. I'll probably end up putting the alphas on the boat board that everyone that does not have their own board uses.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
05 3ds's are completely different boot. I hated the 05 3ds's, but the 06 are much more comfortable. imo the difference is night and day
Old     (markmoo)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-05-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
the alphas are great bindings, Necrasson rides them and I wouldn't call him a begin/int. rider. It's all preference, and if you like a comfortable binding (narrow fit) without spending all your gas money on "high end" bindings, then its a great deal.