Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
is it just me or is it making a come back?
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-06-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Not on High Rock Lake, NC
Old     (awalker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-07-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
Me and my buddies like doing it, but I'm gradually going more to wakeboarding. A LOT of people on the Suwannee River in Florida kneeboard, but at Lake Weir in Ocala no one does but us.
Old     (bmcelwee)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-07-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
I rarely ever see anyone doin it at havasu, i used to enjoy it but had one too many face plants.
Old     (samuraisarge)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
Kneeboarding is how i got into wakeboarding and i was pretty good at it. There aren't a lot of people that like to do "boarding" of any kind on the water up here so i don't know how well it's catching on elsewhere. I liked kneeboarding but it sucked in any kind of chop because you really had no shock absorbsion and ended up bouncing up and nose-diving (like Brian noted)
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-07-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
occasionaly some buddies and i will see who can do the most consecutive spins without falling.
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       07-07-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
Ugh I really hate kneeboarding, never seemed very fun to me.
Old    murrayair            07-07-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
I wish I could trade wakeboarding's brutal crashes for the relatively painless ones of kneeboarding.
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-08-2007, 12:47 AM Reply   
i got a black eye from kneeboarding once
Old     (utter_twat)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-08-2007, 1:47 AM Reply   
kneeboarding is about as lame as roller skating
Old    alanp            07-08-2007, 2:06 AM Reply   
i havent seen anyone in my neck of the woods doing it. i did got wake to wake on a kneeboard circa 1995 though. good times
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-08-2007, 5:01 AM Reply   
Now that you mention it, I have seen more kneeboarders this year. I'm not even sure I can get in that position any more.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT

I would rather see tubing instead of kneeboarding, at least the way we tube.

But to answer the question, I have net seen anyone kneeboarding on our lake in years...

Sean

(Message edited by seanmcd on July 08, 2007)
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
My girlfriend still likes to kneeboard. I tell her she is crazy getting on a kneeboard behind a wakesetter throwing a wall of water up behind it...
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-08-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
I see people do it fairly often in TN...that could have alot to do with how cheap they are though. I bought two kneeboards at a yardsale for a total of 75 cents. One stays in my pool, one stays in the boat for people who can't fit in my boat-board bindings
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Why would you hate kneeboarders more than tubers? Kneeboarders arn't out there making circles tearing up the water like a tube. They don't tear up the water any more than another wakeboarder.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-08-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
kneeboarding, is liek wakeboardings gay brother, always on their knees its retarded but to each his own
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
i see lots of kneeboards on my lake...but thats prolly because no one around here even knows wat a wakeboard is. I pull my boat up to the local gas pump and get these stares that are priceless. then they ask wat motor is in it and i tell that its a 350 and they about fall out. ha ha ha.. but to anser the question, i dont think kneeboarding ever left my area to comeback lol
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       07-08-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
It might be lame to some, but it takes a lot of skill to be able to tear it up on a kneeboard. Me personally, i'm old school and love both kneeboarding and wakeboarding. Then again, I grew up when trick skiing, slalom skiing, and jump skiing were THE three main events. By the way, a 75 cent kneeboard would be about as good as a $3.00 wakeboard. Here's a kneeboard video for ya.

http://www.kneeboardplanet.com/movies/Whitewash/Whitewash_2005_high.wmv
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
sweet vid...hate to admit it but alot of those guys get higher than i do on my wkbd.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-08-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
I started kneeboarding myself, but I switched for a reason.

Grabbing a kneeboard? I am sorry, but that is pretty lame. The board is less than arms length away.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
That video was stupid and now I have to go ice my knees and back just from watching it. I don't think anyone kneeboards on Lake Sammamish.
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-08-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
nothing against kneeboarding i've just noticed more kneeboarders than usual out and about this summer.

i honestly suck at it
Old     (bmcelwee)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
That video ridiculous it almost seems like its impossible to fall as long as you lean back enough.
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
I definately agree that it takes a lot more skill to wakeboard. And that grabbing a kneeboard is probably about as hard as slapping your leg when wakeboarding. But I know if I got out on a kneeboard I wouldn't be doing that stuff they did in that video. I just don't understand why kneeboarders are disliked?
Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
man it hurts my knees when I try little jumps on a kneeboard thats why I dont do it. Let alone go big like those guys I wouldnt have any knees left
Old     (bmcelwee)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
I just don't understand why kneeboarders are disliked?

I think its about the same is how skateboarders dont like rollerbladers.
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
Ya just looking at those landings makes sore. I would imagine it hurts your back as much as it hurts your knees.
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 9:40 PM Reply   
The more I think about it the more I realize why its kinda gay. There's really no way to have any style in your riding. And I agree with Brian that it does look like if your are semi rightside up you would land everything.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-08-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
Kneeboarding has been a good transition for my kids. They started out tubing. Then got the feel of the "pull" of the rope on kneeboarding, Now my son has gotten up on my old CWB Sol more than a dozen times. My daughter is just about to get up on a wakeboard, because she is familiar w/ the rope in the hand thing, and the pulling of the rope.
When both kids can get up on a wakeboard consistantley, we will retire the kneeboard next to the tube.
Old     (leetke)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
Well, here's my take...When I first started jumping out of the boat...there was no wakeboards. I had a slalom, a pair of trick skis, and a kneeboard. The kneeboard was much more fun...and heck we used to stand up on it too. For the ones that say there is no way to fall as long as you lean back enough...have to laugh at that. That's like watching a wakeboard tourney on TV and saying...man, that isn't that hard...I could do that.

Now that being said...I just started wakeboarding and don't even carry the kneeboard with me anymore. Wakeboarding is much more fun...but before you call kneeboarding gay...remember that us old folk that used to surf our kneeboards are part of the reason wakeboards are here.
Old     (awalker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-09-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
Kneeboarding isn't in the league with wakeboarding, but dang if some of you think wakeboarding is the only thing out there.

I am just starting to ride a wakeboard, but I can do front/back flips, barrel rolls, and a raley on a kneeboard and the falls are MUCH BETTER than anything on a wakeboard. You don't hear much about messed up knees, concussions, etc. on them. I tore my rotator cuff on one the first summer I rode one and that's why it took me so long to get back on it. It can be a little tough on your back though.

We actually prefer to tie up 3 ropes, get 3 kneeboards, and see who can throw the other guys off though.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-09-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
I heard - kneeboard riders peeing sit. Is that true???
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-09-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
Adam - What boat do you ride behind at Lake Weir? Im there every weekend.
Old     (awalker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-09-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
obviously true bork...

I also heard you almost passed the GED...
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       07-09-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
I imagine hydrofoiling is gay too because you are sitting down instead of standing up (yes, they probably pee sitting as well)? Every sport looks easy to do, until you actually try it. Then you find yourself eating your words and looking like a dork. Take a look at this video (There is some wakeboarding in the video for those who know nothing but wakeboarding). P.S. I love wakeboarding a lot, but there is other watersports out there that are just as difficult, fun, and challenging.

http://www.foilfreaks.com/Videos/Hyco2004/Hyco-2004.wmv
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-09-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Kneeboarding would always make my feet cramp and hurt my back. It was fun but since I started riding a wakeboard I havent looked back.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-09-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
My buddy still kneeboards... although we keep telling him it's time to evolve...LOL

He is actually really good... he can do a raley to a front flip and some other wakeboard type tricks we keep telling him to try. He has even hit sliders!
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-09-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
hydrofoiling is crazy

there's some guy on our lake that does a backfip in the flats on one like it's nothing
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-09-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
Gays on trays...
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-09-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
We carry two kneeboards with aquahooks. When water conditions aren't great, my two boys will kneeboard...forever. My wife and I can actually carry on a long conversation just cruising with the kids out on the boards. I don't think it is in the same league as wakeboarding, but it is another option for those that can't wakeboard. Last year we had my in-laws (60+ years old) both out on kneeboards. Neither would even consider wakeboarding, but they could do a kneeboard with an aquahook. It's great because they can ride something with the grandkids.

However, when the water is nice kneeboards in the boat, wakeboards out.
Old     (bmcelwee)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
Lee (leetke)-For the ones that say there is no way to fall as long as you lean back enough...have to laugh at that.

I tried knee boarding after I tried wakeboarding and was able to do a w2w jump b4 I could on a wake board and the fact that most knee boards are like 2-3 inces thick and can basicly float you withought being towed im saying its pretty gay.
Old     (leetke)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
Brian...that's cool man...to each his own...and wakeboarding is certainly harder...and although I'm new to wakeboarding I like it much better than kneeboarding. But you can still bust your butt on a kneeboard...and they still helped shape what is now the wakeboard. Like I said...my kneeboard stays in the garage these days...and if wakeboards would have been out when I started riding...probably never would have went with a kneeboard...but I sure had a lot of fun on that thing. He!! man, I even had one with retractable fins...now THAT is pretty gay!!!
Old     (bmcelwee)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
You know what i think will come out next? Somehow razor scooters are gonna bust out into the watersports sceene with a water scooter you can tow behinda boat.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-09-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
adam, we used to do the same thing, when the water is garbage we go to the sorta smooth yet still blown out section tie up 2 or 3 ropes and battle on the kneeboards, we also did tube style with insane whips, you think its crazy getting whipped hard on a tube, sounds dumb but it was the 'who's man enough to hang on while going 40-50mph on your knees in a whip' awesome falls, stand up on them and tackle eachother, it was great haha
Old     (lknbum)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2007, 5:46 AM Reply   
Brad,
Great Video. Those guys riding are my crew. Josh Alexander and Billy Rossini started kneeboarding and were Number 1 and 2 in the US for a long time. Billy Actually holds the world record for the biggest air on the Hydrofoil at 23'. To each is own!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-10-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, what Chris said: To each his own.

Kneeboarding is every bit as technical as wakeboarding when you get to the highly advanced tricks. There's just an easier learning curve.

And I don't own a knee brace.

Upload
Old     (baked_bean)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
I've got bad knees, so I can't afford risking any torn ligaments on a wakeboard, but have one for casual cruising. So I tried kneeboarding a couple of yrs ago. I have a blast on my kneeboard! Isn't that what it's all about?
Like Tuneman states, the learning curve is more forgiving and I tend to have more confidence to try different tricks.
Some of the posts here sound like a snowboarding vs skiing thread. Like previously posted... to each their own.
Try it, you might like it.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
I ride with some of those guys from the video and it's no different than wakeboarding. Load up the ballast, non-stretch line, 23 MPH, driving in a straight line, no power turning, etc.

I do both wakeboarding and kneeboarding behind a wakeboat and I think both are a ton of fun. Seems to me flipping and getting big air on a kneeboard gets more reactions from passing boats these days than wakeboarding because nobody is used to seeing it. I like to be different. That is the reason I plan to take up foiling someday as well after I ruin my back kneeboarding and tear my knee from wakeboarding.

It's nice to hear from people on here that can enjoy and appreciate all water sports from time to time. In a given weekend at the cabin, we dabble in skiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding, tubing, sumo tubing, wakesurfing, and wakeskating.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-10-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
I heard - kneeboard riders peeing sit. Is that true??? - Boris

Yeah, it reminds me of the Telemark skiing saying.

Bend the knee, squat to pee.

Whatever floats your boat. It just hurts my knees.
Old     (red89)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
From my experience kneeboarding is only boring to those who haven't seen an experienced kneeboarder ride. People often get confused and think kneeboarding is just a bunch of surface spins and 2 foot hops over the wake. Check out the northern boarders, or extreme kneeboarders of renmark.

Also, for those of you with knee problems. If you really want to kneeboard, strap a slalom bouy under your butt with a bungee cord. It will fix any knee, ankle, or back problems. Well most.
Upload To each their own, and my own is kneeboarding.
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       07-10-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Erik, save your money, and get your self a foil. If wakeboarding and kneeboarding are out of the question for you its a fantastic sport. I still love to Slalom ski and kneeboard, but after I got into wakeboarding and foiling I can't get enough. A foil is probably the easiest (challenging) watersport for your body. It is especially forgiving on your legs, knee's, and ankels. Although its nice to have smooth water you don't even realize when your riding in chop!! I definitely recommend it, and you can get hugh air.
Old     (ticktock)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
comparing kneeboarding to wakeboarding is like comparing apples to oranges. two different sports even though they have some similarities. check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Zfgefk76Y

www.myspace.com/teamsouthtown
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-10-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
I have never done it, it looks pretty fun.

How are the landings on the knees?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
I knew a cool guy at Cypress Gardens that jumped 76ft on a kneeboard off a 5 ft jump in 1983. It was a record until Hyrdoslide said they wanted no part of it anymore after some dude in Texas broke his back trying to beat the record. Now the cool guy is woreout I'm sure.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
It's funny, that some references the top 1% of kneeboarders as testament to the sport? Yeah right. The other 99%? Hmmn. It's really like this:
Kneeboarding is to Wakeboarding as Sponging/bodyboarding is to Surfing. You want to be respected, stand up and be counted. That's just the way that it is, and it will never change. Mad props to the guys who go big on their knees, but even saying that sounds odd. I'm not laying down to surf and not getting down on my knees to ride in the wake.
Do what you like, but don't act surprised if you get clowned out for above mentioned acts. This isn't new material.

(Message edited by committed on July 10, 2007)
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
Chris, you're so cool. Only this late in life have I seen the error of my kneeboarding ways.* If I promise to stop now, can I be cool or is it too late for me? Oh, no, I'm not just like everyone else! I don't even wear boardshorts that go down to the tops of my calves! I'll be "clowned out" for sure, dude!

You're right that this isn't new material though. It's the same load of bollocks being thrown around by lots of people who are more concerned with their image than with having fun. And speaking of the "other 99%," those 99% of wakeboarders don't look so hot either.

Someone asked if they saw more kneeboarders in their area and some people have decided to take the opportunity to bag on kneeboarding. I for one, have seen a few more kneeboarders that I used to see. They're a welcome change from the tubers who make a lot more a mess of the water.

* Actually, I've never been kneeboarding but only because nobody has ever had one available and I'm not spending a lot of cash on something I may or may not like. It looks fun enough.
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
I would have never thought that stuff could be done on a kneeboard. Those kneeboards look like they would be a lot more fun that the fat plastic one i've been on. Ticktock what is that trick at the 1:26 mark? Its pretty cool looking.
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       07-10-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
I will preface this statement by saying I enjoy wakeboarding more than kneeboarding, but Chris has the audacity to talk about the lameness of kneeboarders compared to wakeboarders. Take a look at his profile. He has a 16' basstracker as a wakeboard boat. Thats about as ironic as they come (I'll use your quote Chris, "don't be surprised if you get clowned out")!!! Peace

Michael, the trick at 1:26 mark is called a frontroll to revert. Your right, it is a sweet looking trick.

(Message edited by ispair on July 10, 2007)
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-10-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
Kneeboarding is so stupid, and that video had about 7 tricks looped for 6 minutes. I couldn't stop laughing at the video because it was so ridiculous that people were doing that and taking themselves seriously. Even when I was 10 and had a directional wakeboard with sandal bindings I refused to kneeboard. If you are going to do it that's fine, it will give me another funny thing to laugh at.
Old     (red89)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Morty,
How many tricks can you do on a wakeboard and what are they? Just curious.

(Message edited by red89 on July 10, 2007)
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-11-2007, 12:02 AM Reply   
I can do heel and toe 180s, and 360s, indy tantrum, raley, backroll, roll to revert, toeside front roll, scarecrow, and toeside backrolls, and thats about it, why do you ask? Are you trying to call people out? I know I am not that good on a wakeboard, but even if I couldn't jump the wake, it wouldn't change the fact that kneeboarding is really funny to me. I gave in and rode a kneeboard once four years ago, and within three minutes I was jumping the wake and popping the handle on inverts, it was stupid and not fun so didn't do it again.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Ah Brad, might want to take a moment and google the word "sarcasm." I find sacked out Basstrackers a funny rig of choice, thus my inclusion. I coulda used my trendy V-drive(one ton ballast, 5000 watts, 8 boardracks, 12 cupholders, 6 amps, and a cig lighter) instead, but big deal, everyone has one around here.
Back to kneeling.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-11-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
Impressive video but just sitting on a kneeboard hurts my knees. All that bouncing.... No friggin way.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-11-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
That vid was kinda cool... Might want to try to throw some grabs in there though...

My buddy does a nose grab front.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-11-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   

quote:

By leo lasecki (malibuboarder75) on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 7:17 pm:

Grabbing a kneeboard? I am sorry, but that is pretty lame.

I would like to welcome Jeremy Kovak to the discussion. j/k
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-11-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   

quote:

i got a black eye from kneeboarding once

Did a wakeworlder punch you for tearing up 'their' water?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-11-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Getting back to the original question, I just got info. back from Lake Elmo Sports:

Wakeboard sales have dropped off considerably. Kneeboard sales are way up.

Interesting...
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
no way, thats just stupid, i can't believe i even bought a kneeboard. they are cheap and lame, only had to ride it once, that was enough to know i hated the sport, never again
wakeboarding to kneebording, its not apples to oranges, its apples to fruit flies
so, when i decided to try wakeboarding, i didn't buy a thing, asked a friend to take me out. the water was flat, 80 dgr, air, almost 80. i popped up made a cut heelside, the board was a little loose and i had trouble cutting to the right, also had my first face plant. i asked my friend if this was a good day for wakeboarding and he just laughed
boat, board, bindings, rope, fat seat, pylon, surf board, yea, i'm hooked!
now, if you go buy all that stuff after trying a kneebored, then just go ahead and have a lot of fun, but i think you will be playing with yourself for the most part
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-11-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
The difference is in the hydro hooks now on the Hydroslide boards - very easy to get up on.
Old     (djc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2007, 1:54 AM Reply   
Some of you are quick to judge slow to learn and easily mislead. If you dont like kneebordin do what you want and enjoy it we are all different and do different things so stop your moaning and get on with it.
Old     (sammie)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2007, 5:19 AM Reply   
This is Tugg and not Sammie (logged in on her name).
Do what you want to do. As long as we are all on the water and not doing any "Power Turns", we are all pretty good folk. I do the k-board. Usually, pee sitting as well. Did the wakeboard last year. Hit my first backroll attempt.....loved it. With in a few weeks of that, destroyed my left acl. Done with the wakeboard. I've seen too many serious injuries and many of those behind my boat. I'm pretty decent on the kneeboard and we are out there having fun footin' boardin', surfin', and skatin'. HAVING FUN!
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
That's a good point Tugg. It should also be noted, that 7000 injuries a year are caused by toilets. My cousin died, cleaning the windows on his home. I still use toilets and ladders.....
I agree, have fun, but also, this is a WBing site, and that is why "we" are here, that is why you see the pride displayed.
Good luck on the kneeboards, some of you are killin it.
Old     (brrrdog)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-12-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
I can't say I see more kneeboarders around me although I do see a lot more boards for sale in the shops than I ever used to.

Let's not forget the history here. Kneeboarders were pulling inverts with nothing more than a jetski wake, well before the roto-molded "skurfer," was cautiously skimming along. Like it or not, wakeboarding is the grandchild of kneeboarding and not the gay brother that someone incorrectly pointed out. That said, kneeboarding owes credit for better boards and boats to the wakeboarders because I doubt kneeboarding would have ever seen the budgets that wakeboarding gets.

As far as kneeboarding being some kind of sissy version of wakeboarding? Serously, I've got to believe that the guys that go huge must be an inch shorter after they ride. Kneeboarding is crushing to the back and ankles. And c'mon, isn't there one wakeboarder that has ever seen a kneeboarder do an 'air' combo, or maybe even a double backroll WITHOUT a double up wish he could do that on a wakeboard?
Old     (red89)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
B Dogg
You said it all. Very well put. And the thing about good equipment being owed to wakeboarding very true. Without wakeboarding my ski nautique wouldn't be 1000 lbs over the legal limit every time we ride. I also wouldn't have the pilon. Oh, and by the way, I was 6 foot this morning and I'm now 5'11". I guess I didn't go big enough today. To each his own guys.
Upload
Old     (wyldhorse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
wow, I'm glad I found this. How'd this simple question of kneeboarding making a comeback, to people bashing it? Really, how old are you guys? People kneeboard....get the sand out of your vagina and get over it. Seriously. I do both wakeboarding and kneeboarding, and I love kneeboarding, just as much as I do wakeboarding. Both give me whiplash from learning new tricks :-) Both have different techniques, and require skill, so why bash either? Honestly tubing is kinda fun too..especially with a little beer haha. We're all out there doing something we think is fun. Just don't be such a dumbass to knock something someone else likes. you may like your wakeboard, but I may like the watson I use better, and talk your's but why? what's the point? If you don't like kneeboarding, get over it. If you sit there and talk it and how you think it's for homos, I hope you wipeout doing a surface 180 and a kneeboarder lands on your head :-)

but anyway, like I said, I love both, and will continue to do both. Just don't be so quick to knock a kneeboard, wakeboarders are not gods gift to the lake. Alcohol, music, and an anchor is :-)

have a nice day
Old     (ticktock)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
thanks michael.

and ryan. how much hateraid have you had today?
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-13-2007, 3:03 AM Reply   
No hateraid...just letting you know how I feel, I think kneeboards are funny, they just look ridiculous in my opinion. I am just saying what I think on a public forum, I see nothing wrong with that.
Old     (sammie)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Cheers everyone. Go Big! See you out there.
Tugg
Old     (ticktock)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
i can respect your opinion. just know that people thought the same thing about snowboarding, skateboarding, ect. way back when.