Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-10-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
So I recently moved up from a I/O to 2008 Sanger 210.

The one issue I have is the throttle cable, it always wants to return to Idol.

It doesn’t feel stiff or grind, it just requires constant pressure to maintain speed. At anytime if I take my hand off the throttle within a few seconds it will fall back to Idol, Very annoying.

So any suggestion? I have tried adding a Few drops of Synthetic oil to the throttle Cable pivot Points like the manual says. I can’t find any other place to lube the Cable.

if a cable replacement is required is this a Do-it-yourself job or do I need to take it in.

Thanks
Old    falcon_v            05-10-2010, 2:04 PM Reply   
Do you have PP?
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-10-2010, 3:51 PM Reply   
No PP yet I figure I needed to fix this before I can add PP
Old    alanp            05-10-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
maybe the return spring is too stiff. pull the spring off and feel the tension. if its ultra stiff just pull it apart a little at a time. see if that helps
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-11-2010, 1:34 AM Reply   
you need to tighten tension on the throttle stick itself
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-11-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
any Guidance on how to tighten the tension on the throttle stick?
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-11-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
you will need to get back there, either buy taking panel off or throttle
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-11-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
If you don't have a tension adjustment, you can put cable clamps around the throttle cable and experiment with how much tension you need. I ended up using 2 or 3. You don't want to tighten them down too much (which is why using multiple at a lower tightness). Just start to snug them up and experiment with it until it feels right.

My PP was acting strangely after a few years of having the boat and the cable clamps are what they told me to use. Went back to holding speed perfect again after I added them.