Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-30-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Been thinking about picking up an Indo Board recently since I haven't been able to get as much water time this year. Just wanted to know if anyone else on here has had any experience with the Indo Board. Looks like a sold training tool for off the water.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-30-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
ive HEARD. that if you get a 2 liter soda bottle, fill it with concrete. and use a blank skateboard deck. its just as good as a 100$+ indo board, for a quarter of the best
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-30-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
david,i went down that road and then picked up a blemished one on ebay for $84,definately spend the dough it's so worth it,you can learn so many things on that, that takes awhile to pick up while riding.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-30-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
i dont have one. i just heard its pretty much the same thing. i might be totally wrong. but i fiured it couldnt hurt to throw it out there.
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-30-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
haha david

michael, which model do you have? I've been thinking about getting the Original Mini for a smaller board to play around on. Not sure if it will hold up to my 5'11" 170 pound structure though.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
you're wrong. rode a skate deck on a pvc pipe for years. Nothing compares to the Indo, not even those Orbital things.
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       06-30-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
The indo rocks. Got mine for 40 bux used from my dealer. LOL he had even re-covered it and sprayed on a liquid force logo. I use it all the time to work on balance. Great tool, helped a lot for surfing.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-30-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
If you don't want to pay the cash i can attest to the ghetto indo board. I just use a 2 liter filled totally with water wrapped with hockey tape and an old skate deck. I've ridden 'real' indo boards and didn't notice enough of a difference to spend the money.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-30-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
Skate decks break so easily, I've given up on them. Even tried carbon fibre and fibreglass skins on the last one we had, it still snapped...
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-01-2009, 3:57 AM Reply   
i have the original indo and it helps so much. it has helped with rail balance a lot
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       07-01-2009, 6:40 AM Reply   
Check out the vewdo boards - www.vewdo.com - - I love mine and actually have it sitting in my office. I looked at Indo a while back, but everything they had at the time was big/wide and not like a skate deck - - I love the vewdo
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-01-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
i have the original and it's alot of fun,my friend has a vewdo board and i wouldn't suggest them you can max out kinda fast on them,but i would suggest getting the indo board pro mini,it's actually designed for wakeboarders,and it's better for taller people.but over all they are worth it through and through,and this is to anybody that has used one for awhile,and thinks that the roller has become to easy,take a basketball pump that thing ti'll you can't compress it pushing on it,and stick it under just the board, and ride it like that,it will improve your sensitivity to where your putting your weight on your feet like you wouldn't believe,it teaches you to feal where your putting the weight in a hurry,th only down side,you have to know that ur gonna wreck and take steps toward it,cause if you just keep playing on it while your off balance you'll be laying on your back and the board could be some where inside of the wall.but that's more of an advanced techinique
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-01-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
My wife got me the mini kicktail a few weeks ago for father's day and I love it. It's helping with my balance and it strengthens leg muscles too.
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-02-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
Finally made up my mind. Went with the Mini Pro model to get more of a wakeboard feel that michael was talkin about. Can't wait for it to get here now.