Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
Here's link of an MC for sale with a wedge showing how it is installed for anybody interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31270&item=2413159 645
Old    wranger            04-28-2003, 11:53 PM Reply   
that is cool! i thought that you could only by them for malibus
Old    aka Bradley Beach            04-29-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   

I have this same boat and am looking for a black hatch as seen in the upper left hand corner of this picture. It covers the glove box on the dash of the Mc 190's. Mine doesn't have this and I'm looking for one. Anyone have one or know where I can buy one???

Thanks.
Old    6more            04-29-2003, 8:05 AM Reply   
Bradley - is yours a 1990? I know the 87-89 boats look the same, but have the open box instead of a glove box like you are describing. This box actually looks like mine (a 1993 PS 190). Either they switched the glove box in 90 to this type, or a previous owner got a dash top from a 91-94 PS 190 box and retro fitted it to his boat. Obviously he has done some serious modifications (added the wedge) so this is a possibility.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            04-29-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
Mine is a 1990 and it has the open box. But I want the glove box lid... What's the deal?
Old    6more            04-29-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
Well, my 93 box looks like it uses the same hardware. So my guess it that he bought a 91-94 replacement top (with hardware, hinges and latch) from MC and then cut the top to fit (if necessary). I won't be at the lake for another couple of weeks, but I could measure my top to make sure it is the same size or bigger than yours. I don't think this would be a hard modification truthfully.

Get a replacement top, cut the plastic to correct size and shape to fit your opening, and screw down the hinges. I've never really looked to see how the latch hooks, but you have to press the button down to open the top, so my guess is that is just catches on a hole in the front of the box. You could probably make a hole in the front of your existing box for the latch to go into.

Let me know if you want me to take some picture and measurements for you, but it will be at least 3 weeks.

You might also e-mail the seller and asked how he did it.
Old    6more            04-29-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
Actually, taking a second look at the picture, I notice that the front latch is turned sideways. The little finger lift that is pointing to the left in the picture is pointing forward on my boat. I bet he just turned the latch so that it doesn't catch on anything. The lid won't lock, or even be latched shut, but it would be an easier installation job.

Here is a picture of a 95 boat and glove box. This box looks to be quite a bit larger than my box, so again I suspect he used the lid from a 91-94 boat. The picture doesn't show a lot of detail either, but it does look like MC was still using (and may still be using) the same hardware (hinges and latches).

Click Here For Picture

(Message edited by 6more on April 29, 2003)
Old    aka Bradley Beach            04-29-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Yeah Brian could you take some measurements of the box and I can see what size I'll need. I looked at mine at home over lunch and it looks to be the same size as the ccryders pics.

CCRyder, what's the scoop on your glove box? Did you add that? Is it modified? Hook a brotha up!
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
Bradley,
It is not my boat anymore, I sold it a couple of years ago and it is up for sale again since they are now buying a SAN. I just posted the URL for the people interested in a wedge on a non-Malibu. As far as modifications on the glove box, it is stock as I bought the boat in 96' with 105 hrs. on it. The latch is turned 90 degs. from where it is supposed to be to catch an angle bolted on the inside of the box. It can be turned and the lock nut tightened to hold it in the right position, then it will lock/latch as it should.