Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    nbomar            08-10-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
My buddy has a 45' Searay and I want to surf behind it. Any thing different than behind a Supra or a wakeboard boat? I can surf good behind my Supra but I don't even know what speed or line length to use on this boat? should we lower one trim tab all the way down to make it really heavy on the other side? Any help is appreciated....
Old     (hoookwake)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
Dang Nick go and experiment just driving it around at diff speeds etc. If you find a good speed, get your entire extended family in there and weight it slightly to the side and turn slightly too! BE ABSOLUTELY SURE TO TAKE PICTURES AND POST THEM
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
Being a Searay wouldnt that make it an I/O? meaning its really dangerous and probably just plain dumb to surf behind. please correct me if im wrong... im just going off the initial guess that its an I/O.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
Calvin, I was thinking the same thing.
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-11-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
The larger Searays are direct or V-drive.

(Message edited by Jimgalloway on August 11, 2006)
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-11-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
ooo sweet. then have fun. itll probably throw a sick wake. maybe.... and if not you could probably put about 6 grand in there since its so big.
Old     (surfkid)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-11-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
have fun surfing that and turning it around i thought a 23 foot turned slowly 45 must be a beast. post pics and have fun
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-12-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Hi James. If I get an ocean going boat, my plan is to rarely turn it around. If you're riding a floaty surf-style board, just paddle back to the boat after a fall. Then you get the total ocean surf workout, with still only about 1/3 the paddling compared to normal ocean surfing!!!
Old     (surfkid)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-12-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
Very true. That would work great i didn't think about it.