Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Heading up to Pillsbury on Wednesday and thought I may want to protect my boat form the ever so nice rock road.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
I know you all are jealous, I had my g/f pose so I could cut the sillouehtts out of metal. Took a little bit, but I managed.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-10-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
well she posed for mine too, so tell her thanks....................
Old    Johnny Wadd            06-10-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
That is so tight. My old lady would never go for that....I've tried.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old    mendo247            06-10-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
redneck usa!!! is that a short bed crew cab f-350?? i may try to make it up next weekend .. where are you staying??
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2006, 11:37 PM Reply   
Doug-
She says "your welcome"

John Boy-
They will actually only go into use when I hit those ugly roads, except for when I use them this tomorrow to make sure all is good. Tell her it is to protect an investment.

Rich-

Long bed, Crew Cab f350 with 4:10s, so basically it makes a u-turn in the distance between the endzones.

Were actually boat in camping, my buddy were staying with says it should be where I circled on the below map. I would love it if someone else came up, my usual group can't make it. So it looks like I may just end up with a whole bunch of people I don't know and my roommate. PLEASE PLEASE stop and say high if you do come up, I don't bite, I promise.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2006, 11:50 PM Reply   
heres the lake and where we are supposed to be.

Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
Yeeeeee Hawwwwwww. Im told by all the Pillsbury locals the best way to protect is
#1 drive under 5 mph (so you dont kick up dust)
#2 cover your boat with a cover

I dont think you Mud flaps are gonna do jack unless you planning on rally racing down he dirt road even then they dont look long enough.
Luke with them mudflap's you have taken another step towards becoming a full blooded Hillbilly. LOL
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
HAHA!!! G!!

I was waiting for the Hill Billy comment! They actually sit about 2-3" off the ground, well within rock catchin range. The farther away from the tire, the higher they can be as rocks that will hit your stuff are at a higher point then.

I already have the cover and a tarp to keep dust off the cover, then a spider bungee net to keep it all tight. While these tires are nothing like the military hummer tires I used to have, they still grab a surprising amount of stuff and let it fly. Just a little preventative maintanence. I don't plan on driving fast either. The shell will help also, as I wont have to cover the truck too.}
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Luke- the all terrain type of tires are the worst to have since the grooves are smaller and are more likely to get rocks stuck in them and then get flung out at your boat doing warp speeds, mud tire cleats or lugs are spread out more and will not trap the smaller rocks that do most of the damage. Now if you are spinning the tires in the dirt that is a different situation.
Old    walt            06-13-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Luke,

You won't be going any faster than 25 MPH. Put it in 4 Hi and it helps with the rocks.
Old    walt            06-13-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
" the all terrain type of tires are the worst to have since the grooves are smaller and are more likely to get rocks stuck in them and then get flung out at your boat doing warp speeds"

I toally agree. I was fine with mud tires. Put on ATs and now I here rocks bouncing of of everything.

If you have all terrains, mud flaps will definitely help.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
You must consume at least one dirnk called "THE BOMB" on you way down the dirt road.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-13-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Upload
Old    walt            06-13-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Thats good steve !
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
hahahaha
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2006, 11:23 PM Reply   
Walt is your place on the water?

Hawt diggity DARN!!! We gonna PART-AAAAAAAA! Or we could just hang out. ;)

Hey CAR-

SO if I play "Tokyo Drift" on the way in by drifting the trailer, I may get some rocks flying up?

Grant, What is this "Bomb" that you speak of?
I may have to get me some.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2006, 2:19 AM Reply   
mmmm yummy, I played plenty of beer pong tonite, but definitely lacked "the bomb." I too, am curious what this concoction entails :-) Spread the knowledge...!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
We must get the exact mix from Shawn Darnell. Walt know's of "The Bomb". Its a Big cocktail that is made at the start or the top of the Dirt road and is shared by all on your 45 min Voyage down the Dirt road. When the Bomb is gone the Voyage is over. Sort of like a trip to the Bat Cave Once you get there you dont know where you have been LOL
Old    walt            06-14-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
The BOMB must be consumed in moderation though until You get to camp !

Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
U-Oh some one drake to much of "THE BOMB"
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
hahahahaha thats awesome