Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    happyrumdrinks            11-17-2003, 7:37 AM Reply   
Guys,

I stopped into check out some 04’s at the local marina this weekend and the owner approached me about demo’ing a couple of 03 Calabrias he still has in inventory. He has two Cal-Air DD’s, a Pro V and a Sport Comp VTS that he’s trying to unload near cost. I’ve ridden the Pro V and liked it, but was looking for opinions on what to look for in the direct drives (I haven’t been properly weaned of my slalom stick). Any advice?

If anyone wants me to put them in touch with this guy, drop me a mail.

The_fng
Old    wakeboardputz            11-17-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
The DD is a great slalom boat and the V-drive is a good wakeboard boat. You should put some weight in the slalom boat and check out both the way it handles and the wake. It is hard to make a boat good for both sports. The V-drive is a decent slalom wake. What is the price range for both?
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-17-2003, 10:24 AM Reply   
The D-drive will drive the same weighted or not. Handles like a sports car. Slalom wake is great just a small hump. Weighted wakeboard wake is not huge but very vert and solid. Driver needs to be alert of the low nose or will take water over the bow.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-17-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
Nice thing with the DD is that converts from Ski to Wake in minute using the stock ballast.

I have a DD Cal-Air (bought an '01 has the dealer was getting his '02s).

The skiiers I have pulled behind mine have been happy with the wake. It's small and has a bit of hump like Phaeton mentions.

Because it's a smaller boat it does not take much wieght to the wake nice and firm for boarding. The stock ballast and some people in the boat is pretty good. Add an other 500 to 700# of addtional ballast and it's very nice.