Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2010, 10:06 PM Reply   
The 5th annual Collegiate Nationals will be at Mission Bay San Diego May 14-16. It's always a good time watching the teams battle for top honors. Hope to see you there!

http://www.collegewakeboard.com/
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
I hope to make it down again. Is that the same as the Alt Games that were here last year? I know the Alt Games are a collegiate comp.

On that same note, the Alt Games are happening for flowboarding, on May 15th, at Wavehouse, here in San Diego. Dang, same day as the wakeboarding. Pretty sure they are probably connected. Kind of hard to watch both. Guess I will see if I can get the day off. If not, guess I will have a front row seat for the flowboarding.

http://wavehousesandiego.com/events/...ng-competition
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
So....This weekend is the Alt Games. College teams from around the world competing. Fri-Sun is wakeboarding at Fiesta Island. Sat is flowboarding at Wavehouse. Took the day off just for the party. 1600 people last year at Wavehouse. Free concert after. Gonna make Friday at Fiesta, the all day Sat at Wavehouse. Hit me up! Gonna be fun!!!!

So......who is going, and what days? Let's hang out and have some fun. Not often we get any type of a comp here in sunny San Diego!!

Buzz
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-13-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
OK, I know some of you are going. What's up? Post up here and let's make it a good time!

Buzz
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-16-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
How did it go, Buzz? I got invited to help with site prep elsewhere and wound up missing out.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-17-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
So Chico won team and Kevin Wipplinger won individual. Good for him.

http://www.go211.com/thealtgames/wakeboarding/
Old     (bryan_hansen)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-17-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Huge thanks to Chris Beckman and his crew for putting this event on! One of the best tournaments we've been to.
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-17-2010, 3:35 PM Reply   
Hey Dep, it's time to update that profile picture, haha.... I saw a good one of you on the alt games website. On track though, we did have a lot of fun, and thank you everyone from Chris to the judges to Adam doing the announcing all weekend! We look forward to defending the title next year!