Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-05-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
I was just talking with Sue from Exquisite boat cleaner and she was wondering if there has been any recent talk about the cleaner. Was everyone satisfied with the product? Pros or cons?
Old     (fordmxracer)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-05-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
tried it today for the first time. so far it seems to be working good. Have to really work the brush if you have stuff on your viynle.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
Yep - works great! Just be sure to use the brush...just spraying/wiping will not do much.

Smells great also - just be ready to scrub the ENTIRE boat after you see what happens on one small spot.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-05-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
Pretty good stuff...I don't have a soft enough brush to use on tough spots, but a terry cloth towel is doing good on most spots.
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-05-2008, 11:11 PM Reply   
Worked great for getting out dirt in the cracks of the vinyl but didn't work all that great for stains. Still the best cleaning system I've used.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
I've tried it and continue to use it. It seems to be working pretty well but, my main concern is long term use on vinyl, how much will this stuff dry out the vinyl over time? Most boat/vinyl manufacturers test their recommended cleaners over time so that customers don't have dried out vinyl after a few years.
I'll continue to use mine under close scrutiny.

Chris
Black on Sale
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
It should condition the vinyl with each use.
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-06-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
Over time everyone should see how well there vinyl will keep. Soft and clean. I've used it for years and I haven't found any better. It works the best with a soft bristle brush for a dirty surface, but if used often a cloth should be fine.The vinyl will definitely not dry out.

Kevin
Old     (fordmxracer)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-06-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
I change my previous statement. Used it on my whole boat and it took up almost everything. Just a few little stains left behind. It put 3m vinyl cleaner to shame.

I will continue to use this product.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-06-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Working well so far!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-07-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
I like alot.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-07-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
liking it so far. vinyl is soft, the grain really stands out afterward. it smells like plain soap. i have to imagine this is better than any cleanser or scrubbing. the stains i had are lighter now, either the sun will finish them off or they'll just fade over time with more cleanings.

the brush is great at getting under pin-stripe-type edging. the grime that gets wiped up is pretty gross.

i bought a $2 brush at the grocery store. micro fiber cloths make a big difference, wally mart had packs of 12 for less than $5 (automotive area).

very happy with it so far

(Message edited by salty87 on September 07, 2008)
Old     (acedistltd)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-07-2008, 10:07 PM Reply   
Good evening. I am glad to hear you like the cleaner. I am actually talking with a vinyl manufacturer to attempt to get a recommendation from them regarding the cleaner. It appears as though it will be a long and intensive process, however I am prepared to go to that length to get that recommendation. Look for our end of season sale through 9/19/08 on ebay, or email me for details. A great big THANK YOU to everyone who has had such wonderful things to say about Exquisite; especially Kevin who put me onto WW in the first place. Thank you for all of your business and have a great night!
Sue Renken
Ace Distributing
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-08-2008, 6:48 AM Reply   
How does it compare to 303?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
I like the Exquisite. My vinyl cleaned up nicely with it and had a nice conditioned feel afterwards. The brush helps a lot with the cleaning process and the cleaner leaves a nice subtle smell. Great product.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-08-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
303 does not clean. to answer your question, the 303 sucks compared to this as far as cleaning.
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-08-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
I am happy with how it cleans. It does better than 3M vinyl cleaner but I found the magic eraser to take off certain stains better. I feel more comfortable using the exquisite however knowing how the magic eraser can harm your vinyl after time.

It smells great!
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-08-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
I ordered mine on Friday, showed up on my doorstep today. I have yet to use it, but with service like that I am off to a good start...

One question for those who use it. I got the kit (solution, brush and towel). Are you guys using the brush? It seems like the bristles are very stiff and would damage the vinyl, even by only using light pressure while scrubbing...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-08-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
I started a thread that went for a long time about this product. It blows 303 away!!!!!
Even the most skeptical person (me) will be impressed..

Sue, I did order from you a couple of times and the last you were giving the 20% discount (never recieved)
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-08-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
I have used the brush and cleanner and it did a good job.
I have used 303, with a brush/magic eraser and seem to get nearly the same results.
Both products get my boat clean. Maybe I do not let my boat get dirty enough to notice the difference (i don't know).
I bought enough to make 2 gallons and plan on passing on bottles to freinds for them to try. Defintely cheaper than 303 and the smell... makes me think of "skin so soft" "for your boat"
(i kinda like it.?)

I know EX conditions the vinyl, but does it have any UV protection value?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-10-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
Great stuff. I went through a bottle and a half. My advice is buy at least two bottle, cause you can't stop cleaning once you start.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-11-2008, 5:19 AM Reply   
Where do you order it? My boat is about due for a good top to bottom. It's just so hard to clean the boat when you can ride year-round, lol...
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-11-2008, 5:45 AM Reply   
Byrd? Is that you? Where you been?
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-11-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
http://stores.ebay.com/Ace-Detail-Supplies
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       09-11-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
303 wasn't meant to be a cleaner. It is a protectant (like Armour All) for leather, vinyl, etc. Read here... http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=42 8&CFID=36851880&CFTOKEN=72442226 Clean with your cleaner of choice (Exquisite), then protect all the hard work you just did with 303 Protectant. This should also make it easier to keep clean down the road.

I just purchased Exquisite and have tested it on a spot I considered the dirtiest part and was very pleased with the result. I now need to take the time to do the rest. Afterward I will 303 everything. Great product! I will continue to use Exquisite.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-11-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
I though I saw a post about an end of a year special for this stuff
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-11-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Anxiously waiting to receive my bottle! I hope its here for the weekend so I can get some work done out on the lake.
Old     (blownc6)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-11-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
From all the positive threads I've read I'm sure Sue's Exquisite is a great product. Having said that I've been using Malco Leather & Plastic Cleaner on my cars and boats for more years than I'd like to remember(I'm old). I buy it in the gallon container, $15 give or take a little. Great stuff and worth spending a little time to research.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       09-11-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
I bought the gallon jug on ebay. I was expecting it to come with a brush, but it didn't.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-11-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
I bought the of concentrate that makes a gallon. Glad I did. We used one (made from the concentrate)squirt bottle the first time we used it.
Works pretty good, and smells nice. The vinyl did feel really good, and conditioned after using it. There are a couple of stains that it didn't take out, one mystery red spot, and a few mold spots from where the cover rested on the upholstery when it was wet.
Other than that, it really does work well. Our boat is all white, with grey "bumpy" inserts. It did work really good on the "bumpy" areas that are usually so hard to clean (and yes, I usually use a brush with other cleaners).
So, all in all, I give it a thumbs up. Wish it was available locally so shipping wasn't an issue.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-11-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
Lauri H is the first person in all of the hype about the Exquisite that used a brush before and still thinks the Exquisite is the bomb. I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I have used a brush for years and found the Exquisite with a brush was NO better than ducky cleaner with a brush as well.

I am very much convinced that the genius of this stuff is the brush, not the cleaner. My Tige had a bright white vinyl and the brush is a must when you want it to be perfect. The cleaner is good, just not better than anything else.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
I can tell a difference in it's conditioning properties brush or not. This is vs. Meguires, 3M, 303 (yes the vinyl cleaner) and Babes.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-12-2008, 5:58 AM Reply   
Talltigueguy, I wouldn't exactly say it's the bomb. If it had gotten out the stains, THEN it would be the bomb!
Like I said, it worked well on my bright white upholstery. I could definitely tell a difference. However, I could tell a difference with other cleaners as well.
I have quite an assortment of brushes, from toothbrushes, fingernail brushes, to magic erasers. The Exquisite worked better on the "bumpy" parts than others. And I really liked the conditioning properties of it.
I will continue to use it (I have a LOT!), just not sure if I would re-order due to the shipping.
Old     (acedistltd)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-19-2008, 11:06 PM Reply   
Good evening,
Kenny sorry about the error on the discount I was having difficulty with the discount process on Ebay. Right now I have an over 30% discount on the quarts of concentrate for wakeworlders who plan to reorder direct through me and send an invoice through paypal. This means a quart of concentrate (makes one gallon) is on sale for $11.95. I can ship up to 4 of these for $10.25 flat rate. This will go through Friday August 26th.

Exquisite does not have a uv protection value. Here is the thing, the vinyl on your boat has uv protection built right in. If you have never used a cleaner with harsh chemicals then your uv coating is probably still intact, you do not need to protect the vinyl. If there is any doubt go ahead and protect, I like the 303 protectant, because it is not oily. This means it does not attract dust and dirt. By the way a cleaner and protectant are not generally good together. This is because the protectant needs to absorb into the vinyl which prevents the dirt in the vinyl from completely coming out as you clean it.

Talltigueguy is partially correct. Some of the genius is in the brush, HOWEVER, some cleaners will not work with a brush because of their cleaning properties and other cleaners would work with a brush but because of their chemical makeup using them with a brush could and would damage your vinyl. Take the person a few threads ago(for those of you keeping track) who said they used softscrub on their seats. Wiping the softscrub on your seats is bad, but cleaning your vinyl using the soft scrub with a brush!!! Can you imagine? Obviously this is a extreme example, but do you see my point? Chemical based cleaners work the same way, just on a smaller scale. As do the magic erasers, for small spot removal these things work great but keep using them for general cleaning and in one season you will have no topcaot left on your vinyl.
Okay, i will get off of my upholsterers soap box and go to bed. Thank you to everyone again for all of your business.
Old     (dunesday)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-20-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
I received my bottle of concentrate this week and went to work on the boat yesterday. WOW ! I knew my upholstery was in bad shape,, but I did not know it was THAT bad. This stuff pulled out ALL the dirt and grime from my seats. I have a 23' Maristar and I used about 1/3 of the product to clean all of the seats. I'm going after the carpet today. I drove the wife nuts. I kept making her come out to the boat and look at the difference.

No complaints,, other than shipping cost (ouch).

Susan, how does the discount work ??
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-20-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
For those saying 303 does not clean.....you are aware that 303 is a brand...and sells both protectant and cleaner, among other products.....right?

I regularly use both the cleaner & protectant.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-23-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Is she still selling the cleaner? I have sent her a message and yet to hear back from her.
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       09-24-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
She takes a while to respond back to you. When I was wanting to order, it took her about 3 days to respond, but she got the cleaner to me pretty quick!
Old     (turkish1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
I sent her a email as well just waiting to hear back from her.
Old     (acedistltd)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-24-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Brian,

The discount is just a straight sale price. $11.95 for a quart of concentrate(makes 1 gallon) instead of $17.95 which is the regular price. You just need to order direct through me. Email me at acedistributing@comcast.net and tell me how many you would like and your paypal email addres; then I will send you an invoice direct. You can fit up to 4 of these quarts in one box for the $10.25 s&h. Get a friend to go in with you then you can split the s&h cost and you can each have 2 gallons of cleaner. Also, I have decided to extend the sale through the end of the month. Thanks,
Sue