Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            04-08-2006, 6:37 AM Reply   
We went out yesterday afternoon. Mark and Lance from Inland were down and we headed up to New Hoagn Res. New Hogan's ramps are closed, the lower one and lower parking is under about 40 feet of water and the road leading to the upper north ramp is also submerged. Call the ranger before heading to Hogan.

Camanche is open but close to peak. We had a good ride there, well...save for it HAILING!!!! Lance and James hogged all the good water and errr uuummm, hail. :-) Typical of Mark, he didn't chip in for gas. :-) Dennis! Loved that hat with the ear flaps. What did you think about the Blue Lake? 5'6", 23" wide and what 1.5 inches thick? You were shredding with it.
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Sounds like a good time Jeff. Hey a quick question. I am planning my Memorial day camping trip with the family and want to try one of the lakes down by you. I.E. - New Hogan, New Melones, Tulloch, Don Pedro or wherever else anybody may think would be good that weekend. I do have an RV so will need a good spot for RV camping. I have always gone up North to Bullards Bar or Oroville but want to try some of the lakes down there. I live in Sacramento. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I do have 3 young kids if that makes a difference.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       04-08-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Jeff,
A typical CA day this year. We had it all sun, rain, hail, lightning and thunder. The only thing missing was the snow , but that was a couple of weeks ago. Always bring up the hats. Don't know why you always give me the SPECIAL ones.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       04-08-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Almost forgot thanks for the invite. Great times as always. I will post on the Blue Lake later.
Old    surfdad            04-08-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Hey Marc, Hogan is a pretty small lake, it's so close to us, that we hang there the most. On a busy weekend...it's jammed, but they do have a separate ramp for the RV camping area. New Melones is HUGE and deep...I think I remember it being a max depth of 600 feet. I haven't been to Don Pedro in ages, but I do remember the crappy fishing was good, back in the day. :-)

We've done the houseboat thing on New Melones and that was great fun. Not sure about the camping there though.

Can't wait to see your new Enzo!
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Me too. I am going crazy waiting for it to come in. It should be here on Monday and then right to the stereo shop and out by Friday hopefully. I will take lots of pics as soon as I get it. We will have to meet out on the lake for some good surfing.
Old    4sher            04-10-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
Jeff, thanks for giving us the true Nor-Cal experience. I guess I really can't complain about our Seattle weather anymore. Best $20 bucks I never spent.