Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-13-2010, 3:37 AM Reply   
Can anyone tell me what the deal is the LF and Lyman, there is no Lyman in this years line up.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-13-2010, 5:13 AM Reply   
rumor has it he is leaving. number 1 suitor is company.all i've heard.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-13-2010, 5:39 AM Reply   
Finally
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-13-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
I was just about to post a Thread similar to this. Oh man... it's like big league free agency... all over again!
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-13-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
I new something was up when he wasn't at brostock. A LF rider said that LF wouldn't pay his way to come out there. If he goes to company, guess I know what's on my Christmas list. And I bet he would get his own bindings too. New boat sponsor, new board sponsor,....what a year for Keith man.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-13-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
Not to mention, Lyman and the Vandall riding under all the same sponsors......their team videos would probably blow up the universe.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-13-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
Just putting it out there... his big Ole's would look pretty sweet if he was rocking a pair of Ronix One's on a Viva. JUST putting it out there.... haha
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-13-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
All signs that I have heard point to Company.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-13-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
big question is will he have a board this year. And if so will it be a flex? I would guess if he does in fact wind up on company that he'll be on randall's stick this season. Although if anyone could turn out a board in short order it would be company (made in the usa baby...)

Man you gotta love the rumor mill.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-13-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Yeah, I am thinking Company. Ronix wouldn't be a big surprise either.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-13-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
The Company + Axis + Randall thing would all make sense but man would it be sweet if Ronix got him on board and hooked him up with a pro model. I honestly don't think i've seen a person on a lyman board before so that definitely could be an issue. Most of the guys on LF were sponsored by Monster too except for Keith.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-13-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
Man that sucks. It means the end to my favorite shape ever. Well I suppose I should keep an open mind, hell, maybe his next shape will be even better... if thats possible.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-13-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
Well here is next years boards, don't see lymans ... http://liquidforcewake.com.au/wakeboards/
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-13-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
remember hyperlite has lost alot of riders maybe they are going after lyman.he is good buddies with shaun murray.just another possibility to chew on.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-13-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
If Ronix snagged Lyman... that would be epic. Parks, Harf, Chad, Smith, Ruck, Errington.... plus Lyman? It would be the most stacked boarding style team in the history of standing sideways on water!

However, I agree with the ideas above and Company it would seem would be what could be happening given his links to Company Co-Owner and Axis teammate Randall Harris.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-13-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
I dont know about that one. Hyperlite in 2002-2004 was probably the best team ever.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2010, 5:45 PM Reply   
Lyman is good friends with Justin Stephens also.

He almost signed with them when company first came out but he was under contract with LF at the time
Old    usfhookup            08-14-2010, 12:43 AM Reply   
Company - Confirmed
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-14-2010, 3:19 AM Reply   
Ben please elaborate. That is gonna be sick. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-16-2010, 1:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
I honestly don't think i've seen a person on a lyman board before so that definitely could be an issue.
That's really weird, I would have said it was one for LF's top selling boards, they are very popular where I ride and judging by the number of reviews on the wakeworld gear section they are up there sales wise.

Ben, any links? There's nothing on the Company website.

Have LF also parted ways with Harrington and Ennen? I don't see thier boards in this years line up either.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2010, 6:38 AM Reply   
i dont think they would let harrington go, but i am thinking that ennen may be gone not sure, who knows
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
I talked to lyman this weekend at PWT #5. He is not confirming anything. Liquid Force and him are done. But only one other company is really in talks with him and that company isnt even speculated here. I dont see him going to company....
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-16-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
Hmmmm. Honestly everyone has an opportunity to get him. Even phlanx. Remember that company? Ricky g is going to be hitting it hard im sure. Theres also cwb, slingshot (doubtful) and a ton more. Hell obrien could use a facelift for sure and need someone like keith to revamp them. Theyve been out of the spotlight for a while. Just have to wait and see im sure.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
not sure how to best describe this, but I'll try. This scenario makes me think about how when LF got Lyman, and the "relationship" that was formed, and everyone was so stoked on seeing what would bud from that. Well it did, a nice board came out of it, and whether or not a bunch sold, it seems that that relationship is no longer. So now he moves on (speculative for now). Hops on a different company, people will get all excited and the same routine. This type of thing devalues nearly everything a Pro may say. What boat do they prefer to ride? Of course the one paying them, whether it's good or not. What board do they prefer? The one that their paying sponsor would like to see more sales of (until a Pro model comes out). I know it's just part of the game, but all the shifting, promotion, etc, just makes me wonder how much if ever is true that is said and promoted. At least Randall's shapes haven't really changed, but the name, promotion and marketing for them have changed multiple times over the last decade.

All the best to Lyman. I say it's Hyperlite.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
what if he goes back to j star
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
A-dub...that's been the routine FOREVER. Maybe now you are seeing it a bit more with the economy etc. But just about every shaper, designer, rider, etc. says the newest design is the best yet, blah blah blah. In fact I remember reading an article for the Conspiracy saying it was super loose when flat, etc. haha. Same ish, new year.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-16-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Slingshot is what I heard from a few people at the last pwt stop
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2010, 6:43 PM Reply   
if thats the case then looks like slingshot will be making a rigid board. i could see him going with phalanx
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-16-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
If Lyman goes to company.. Lyman and Randall riding for both axis and company, that's scary! Although I am sad to see him leave LF I think having him on Company with Randall Harris would be sick!
Old    usfhookup            08-17-2010, 12:53 AM Reply   
I was not just stating a guess.. I have heard it from the horses mouth. Keith Lyman will be with Company Wakeboards!!

Period.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-17-2010, 1:52 AM Reply   
Lyman to Byerly......... now that would be cool.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-17-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
straight from lyman huh?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-17-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
I am feeling a Dark horse on this one, a company like jobe snatching him up.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-17-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
He used to ride for JStar, so I don't think that would be a huge stretch.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-17-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
What I would LOVE is to see him slide over to O'brien!
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
andy i think the dark horse for this one would be wakeology, who knows how about instead of throwing out assumptions we wait til the official news is released, just sayin lol
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-17-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
Hahahaha. I love it
Old     (dguille)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-18-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Ennen is officially with Sling Shot now.......
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       08-18-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Yeah i was wondering what happened to Ennen. I saw some pics of his 2010 hybrid board which never made it to the stores. Then the 2011 henshaw DLX? has the same graphics as ennens 2010 board. I think its called the DLX.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-20-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
not sure how to best describe this, but I'll try. This scenario makes me think about how when LF got Lyman, and the "relationship" that was formed, and everyone was so stoked on seeing what would bud from that. Well it did, a nice board came out of it, and whether or not a bunch sold, it seems that that relationship is no longer. So now he moves on (speculative for now). Hops on a different company, people will get all excited and the same routine. This type of thing devalues nearly everything a Pro may say. What boat do they prefer to ride? Of course the one paying them, whether it's good or not. What board do they prefer? The one that their paying sponsor would like to see more sales of (until a Pro model comes out). I know it's just part of the game, but all the shifting, promotion, etc, just makes me wonder how much if ever is true that is said and promoted. At least Randall's shapes haven't really changed, but the name, promotion and marketing for them have changed multiple times over the last decade.

All the best to Lyman. I say it's Hyperlite.
Like m-dizzle said, this isn't exactly new. The real question that I've been wondering about is exactly how much freedom the pros have to create a pro model that's exactly what they prefer to ride. Are they required to make it substantially different from current boards in the lineup or could they make whatever they want even if it's practically identically to a current board? Are they given certain objectives or general guidelines they're required to follow?