Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    brianthomas            06-19-2003, 5:26 PM Reply   
Well watching boombox over and over is getting kind of old so I was wondering what new videos you all have gotten so far. I think scrubs and metronome are out, how many of you have seen them? I read on here that scrubs was awesome, which it looked like from the trailer. Any feedback?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-19-2003, 5:31 PM Reply   
I want to watch scrubs so bad. I got my side on DVD which has that and Concussion Project one it. Lot of riding good buy. Good vid. Haven't seen metronome but I would like to. I guess you can't go wrong with scrubs.
Old    flipside            06-19-2003, 5:44 PM Reply   
I just picked up All Or Nothing (Hyperlite Team Vid) yesterday. It is AMAZING. All those guys just have HUGE HUGE brass balls. Not sure if it's a 2002 or 2003 vid though.

Is Metronome out yet?

FlipsidE
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-19-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Anyone seen SNAP?
Old    brianthomas            06-19-2003, 5:56 PM Reply   
I have all or nothing too, good vid. I wanted to hear about the new ones.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-19-2003, 8:59 PM Reply   
i just received scrubs of the south and watch about 25mins of it last night. i have to say i wasn't that impressed. i thought the original trailer was awesome with andrew adkinson but the whole mtv on steroids editing style gets old really fast. i felt like half the time i couldn't tell what the trick was and they cut away before it was even finished.

perhaps i just wasn't in the right mood but i felt like the editor was showing off rather than making a good wakeboard video.
Old    hlboatsnboards            06-19-2003, 9:17 PM Reply   
i completely disagree with Christopher. I REALLY like the Scrubs video. So does everyone else that watches it in our shop. Its not your typical vid that has tons of filler moments of pro riders being dumb. It is riders from sites like this and wakeboarder.com and many other sites that ride everyday for the love of the sport. There is some pro footage, but not much. It really shows you how much talent is out there and it truly gets you pumped to ride again. Which if you read the cover, that is what the vid is all about. Check it out, its well worth the time and money!!!

B
Old    buttacup            06-19-2003, 10:39 PM Reply   
So how much does Boats N Boards sell this video for?
Old    hlboatsnboards            06-20-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
haha, hey lynsey! Retail on the vid is $29. Just call me for the best pricing available. Already sold out of the first 18 that I had ordered, just got in my second order of 10 vids.

Bill
Boats N Boards
336-598-4926
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-20-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Scrubs is great. Totally different than other wakeboard videos. And yes, I think the editor may have been showing off his skills. Guess what, that's his job. Each section or song is a different editing style so it did not get old for me, on the contrary it kept me watching. The editing went with the music great.

I think it is probably one of the best polished productions to date.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-20-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
actually it's not the job of the editor to show off.
Old    gotpwr            06-20-2003, 8:43 PM Reply   
I ordered Scrubs of the South off their Website www.swispro.com last weekend and got it in two days. I absolutely love it. I thought one of the coolest parts of the movie is when they kept cutting to riders in mid-air. I also liked the way they slowed down the some of the tricks in the air so you can actually see what they are doing. Actually all this writing about it is making me want to go watch it again.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-20-2003, 8:43 PM Reply   
If you are making a video and you are the editor is it not your job to impress your audience with great editing & doing the best job you can. If you're the rider, it's up to you to impress the audience as well.
Hey Chris did you get to watch the rest of the DVD? Did you not think that the Tupelo section was cool? Those guys were great! And the crash section was really cool also. I'm sorry if you didn't like it. I thought the whole thing was a fresh new approach.
The riding IS the most important thing. When I'm hanging out at the house with my friends, watching a video, entertainment value/slick editing (what ever you want to call it) becomes important also.
Old    wryan            06-22-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
outkasts. that video is unreal. randy harris is so sick to watch ride and all the westside riders. ricky has an amzing section with tons of chicks. its by far the best video out.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
Outkastz is by far the worst video I have ever seen. It hurts me that someone actually liked that video. A couple friends and I went to the premier only to find that half the footage was of the club we were standing in. And Metro is not the best club. The only good part about that video aside from 3 minutes of good riding is the crash segment. Lots of good wreckes. All or Nothing is sick. My Side is good too.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2003, 11:05 PM Reply   
I've watched scrubs 2-3 times already and i still haven't taken it all in. Halfway through i went into convulsions.;-)(Geuss i should've read the disclaimer in the begining)
Great video! My jaw was dropped open most of it. But i don't think i'll watch it as much as i've watched the trailer. (I don't think that's possible)
Personally, i loved free4all.