Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-01-2008, 10:36 PM Reply   
Well it's been 11 weeks since I had shoulder Surgery. The Doctor told me to wait until the middle of the month to ride but I could not wait. Went out for a quick pull this afternoon everything was fine. It's been about 11 months since I've been riding I almost forgot how much fun it was. All I need to do now is get in riding shape and I'm back. I've be going to the gym for my shoulder but time to step it up.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-01-2008, 11:53 PM Reply   
Glad to hear you're back out on the water Robert!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-02-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
Welcome back man!
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-03-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Jeff,
Thanks on Saturday my legs were sore but everything else is good. Can't wait for the next time.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
Welcome back glad to hear all went well.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
I had my shoulder surgery on April 3rd, 4 months ago today, and was told to not ride all summer long?! I play softball and can start throwing at the end of this month and still doing PT once a week.

Guess next summer will be that much better the first time I ride.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-03-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
what kind of shoulder surgery did you have? i tore my left pec, shreaded it actually, so i had to have it re-attached and no longer have any tendon there. i had mine in january, so it was a full 4 months before i rode in may again.

it took me half of last summer before i could really charge the wake again. i did clean up my form and sloppy habits a lot though. it has been about a year and a half now and i am up to benching 205 again on incline (finally). incline is easier than flat now for some reason.

a buddy of mine tore some tendons and messed his rotator cuff up. from what he says, i think mine might have been a little easier.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Thanks Squid let's ride
Alan, I had shoulder decompression. The Doctor said he just cleaned it up. Nothing major.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-05-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
ya welcome back...its sucks man 11months. I was just out yesterday after 4 weeks off with a torn mcl. Did everything I knew but jumps. ....man and I had a great time......your ride must of felt better than #$%!