Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       07-02-2012, 6:30 PM Reply   
It's always nice to hear people's input on boards, it helps you learn about them and it could help you decide what to buy. So I ask, what's your favorite board you've ever ridden and why?

For myself, it would have to be the O'Brien Paradigm. I never would of thought I would be rising a flex board but now I wouldn't ride anything else. The board has tons of speed, amazing edging, is super durable, has loads of pop and the softest landings. Having the pop yet soft landings is probably the #1 reason why I love it and why it would take the podium as my favorite.
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-03-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
Obrien Decade for me. Not sure what is different about the board from others, but its comfortable and that helps with the confidence. I rode flex for the previous 2 seasons and my w2w suffered horribly. Just too loose for me
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-03-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
Jonny, do you really think it was the flex that you didn't like behind the boat or could it of been the lack of bottom features?

I'd have to say the Watson hybrid was my fav. I always ride finless and this board could break free as easy as a true "freeboard" but could still track when put on edge. I never rode it w fins so I would assume that it tracks even harder than I experienced. We went to a new cable last weekend and my buddy was lettin everyone ride it and three guys were talking about going home and ordering one. The flex is nice too. It's not a wet noodle like the roams but still plenty flexy to get jiggy on rails. Now if it was only made by a company not owned by Tony Finn it would be perfect.
Old     (xclay89x)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-03-2012, 3:47 PM Reply   
Watson classic for sure! Consistent pop every time. Lands a little rough, but easy to get used to when landing properly. I just bought the paradigm for cable, but going to try it behind boat.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-03-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
Watson Hybrid for me as well. I can't stand to use fins at the cable, and this board has just enough grip to hold the perfect edge for an air trick without being too sticky on the surface. It's very forgiving. I like the way it rolls onto an edge better than the Shane Hybrid. It just feels smoother and more natural. It lands really soft and tracks well when I'm coming down from a huge kicker hit. Oh ya, and it looks badass!
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-03-2012, 6:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLurker View Post
Jonny, do you really think it was the flex that you didn't like behind the boat or could it of been the lack of bottom features?

I'd have to say the Watson hybrid was my fav. I always ride finless and this board could break free as easy as a true "freeboard" but could still track when put on edge. I never rode it w fins so I would assume that it tracks even harder than I experienced. We went to a new cable last weekend and my buddy was lettin everyone ride it and three guys were talking about going home and ordering one. The flex is nice too. It's not a wet noodle like the roams but still plenty flexy to get jiggy on rails. Now if it was only made by a company not owned by Tony Finn it would be perfect.
Definitely the lack of bottom features. I should bust out my company just for the heck of it and see if I can ride it as well as my decade now that I've progressed a good bit. For some reason I had so much trouble tripping on that company though.
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-03-2012, 9:33 PM Reply   
Murray Nova
Old     (jsmilez321)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-04-2012, 7:38 AM Reply   
The Ronix One 2012 faster than last years model and breaks loose a little easier.... oh and for pop straight up and down awesomeness!!
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-04-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fish View Post
Definitely the lack of bottom features. I should bust out my company just for the heck of it and see if I can ride it as well as my decade now that I've progressed a good bit. For some reason I had so much trouble tripping on that company though.

Would you be willing to sell your company board?
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-05-2012, 4:40 AM Reply   
Sorry dude. Im going to keep it as my cable board
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-05-2012, 4:58 AM Reply   
Boatwise my favorite board ive ever had was the original ronix One just because it was the pioneer of super wakeboards and took my riding further than any board. But I do have a 2011 viva now it it's alot faster cause that's what my style has called for. And as far as rails go I've only riden two boards on rails the one and my 2011 Watson. Both equal except my Watson is the right size for me. I bought the r
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-05-2012, 5:01 AM Reply   
Ronix in a hurry cause it was the first ronix wakeboard Performance got. I had to come back a week or two later for the boots
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-05-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
Marek Nova. Has amazing pop and lands really nice!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
I love my 2010 Hyperlite B-Side. Light board, Cuts nicely and is really forgiving as I like my boards a bit loose.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Right now it's the CWB Pure. Same board that Mike Dowdy is cleaning up on.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-05-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
Pioneer of super wakeboards huh? Define super wakeboard for me.

This thread is pointless cause you got people answering that only ride boat and then others like myself that could careess about boat and are answering based on rails, cable and winch.

When's ronix coming out with the game changing super duper wakeboard?
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       07-05-2012, 4:55 PM Reply   
^ I never said boat specific... All I said was your favorite board you've ridden. Mine has to be behind boat cause there's no cable where I live. Feel free to say your favorite board for cable too. So read a little more before you get bitchy and try to start a **** storm.

But I do agree, what defines a "super board" and why does Ronix make them? I've always thought they've made ****ty product, especially compared to O'Brien, and yes I work around both and have used both companies. Ronix makes great boards, but people need to slow down with obsessing over Ronix and realize there's a lot better of product/companies.

There's my $0.02
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-05-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
Anything from Hood River, OR.
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-05-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post
^ I never said boat specific... All I said was your favorite board you've ridden. Mine has to be behind boat cause there's no cable where I live. Feel free to say your favorite board for cable too. So read a little more before you get bitchy and try to start a **** storm.

But I do agree, what defines a "super board" and why does Ronix make them? I've always thought they've made ****ty product, especially compared to O'Brien, and yes I work around both and have used both companies. Ronix makes great boards, but people need to slow down with obsessing over Ronix and realize there's a lot better of product/companies.

There's my $0.02
The only obsessing ive seen over ronix is about the boots and their boots are very deserving. I've seen more stuff on here about Ronix boards breaking than anything else.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-05-2012, 7:51 PM Reply   
OBRIEN CONTRA
This is probably my favorite board to date!

SO FREAKING FAST!
3 stage but cruises around like a continuos
POPs like CRAZY
light weight
big channels
LOVE IT!

Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       07-05-2012, 10:58 PM Reply   
Agreed that I don't see much obsessing on here, but working in retail it's ridiculous. People won't even consider other companies pro models as real pro models because they aren't Ronix, even O'Brien or Hyperlite. A few weeks ago a customer commented on the marek and ask "so is it basically a knock off of the Ronix Viva?" maybe it's where I live but everyone seems to be obsessed though I always see them come back on warranty.

And JB, the contra is awesome!! I did prefer the Format a little more however, but once I got used to the Paradigm there was no going back! But put me on a Contra, Format or Paradigm and there will be nothing but smiles.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-06-2012, 1:28 AM Reply   
Says something about Ronix's marketing team as compared to those other brands. Myself, I only judge product that I have ridden. The Ronix Boots Are very good. Not a huge fan of the way the boards ride, but they definitely look sick.

Back to the O.P.'s question. I have a few favorite boards. This might sound odd to some of you guys, but my all time favorite board is the Hyperlite Motive 144. I was bummed that they stopped making 144's, so i dont ride it all the time to preserve it. but Whenever I have trouble with a new trick, I pull that bad boy out and it helps me get there. What I like about it is the super consistent/ predictable pop. I know it is going to pop the same every time so I can just focus on the new move. I know it's somewhat of an older shape, and it's considered a beginners board in today's day and age, but I dont care about anything but results.

Another board that has become a new favorite of mine is the Phalanx CW 425. I go way bigger on this board than anything else I've ridden, and it's built like a Brick **** house. Near indestructible.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-06-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
My favorite board for behind the boat is a CWB Marius. My favorite board for cable is a Watson Hybrid. Why you ask? They fit my style of riding.Everyone should demo different boards and find what fits them the best.
Old     (broke_folk)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-06-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
10/11 Harley is my favorite
Been on:
08 hyperlite imperial
09 CWB Faction
10 CWB Marius