Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old    whos_da_man8            04-09-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
I want to buy a boat with good wakeboarding but good transition to slalom(phat sack, tower, wedge??). I dont need the best of each but in my family the older kids slalom and the begginers want to wakeboard. I dont want to spend more than like 23,000 what options do I have?
Old    martyc            04-09-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
For that money and wanting to slalom and wakeboard, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with a Moomba Outback. I mostly slalom and the wake at slalom speeds is fantastic. The wakeboard wake is not that big but if you are just wanting to let the kids mess around with the wakeboarding, it is fine.
Old    whos_da_man8            04-09-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
yea, ive been looking at the outback and it looks like what i want. Im also looking at some older malibu boats, that still ahve a tower but also a wedge. b/c for what I want, I think a wedge woudl be perfect.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-09-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
If you can find a MC 205 DD, it is an awsome slalom, and Wakeboard boat. I used to have a '00. It has the exact same hull as the X-2(old X-star). With center engine, it threw a nice wake for skiing. It was AWSA approved for tournaments.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-09-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
You will definitely want a direct drive, and get one with a narrow beam so you can still use the slalom course (96" or less). I love my Supra, but would also be happy with a Malibu Sunsetter or Air Nautique. My experience has been that those brands offer the best of both, with a nod to the slalom. You can always work with weight to get a better wakeboard boat, but a boat either has a nice soft slalom wake or it doesn't.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-09-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
sunsetter lx is a good compromise, pretty decent slalom wake and can make a very nice wakeboard wake.
Old    mbsteve            04-09-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
I have an mbsports 190, definitly a slalom boat, but i have friends that wakeboard and they pull flips and everything else behind it. no weight, only an extended pylon. just about any slalom boat will do what your looking for. if you add weight, it could get even better.
Old    arrowride            04-09-2004, 6:42 PM Reply   
I just sold my Ski Supreme 210 Medalist. It was IMO a great cross over boat. With a tower and sacks very good wake, without the weight very nice slalom, not world record (like aanyone in my boat could come close) but slalom course quality. I sold mine for $16,750 very well set up.
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-13-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
I love my '94 nautique for slalom (Unless you are running deep 38'off the wake will not be a prob), and it throws a mean wakeboard wake when you weight it down a bit (1 sack on either side of the dog-house). You could probably find one in your price range.
B
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2004, 3:52 AM Reply   
All the direct drives will do well. A V-drive will ultimately be a better wakeboard boat but they have a good bit bigger slalom wakes than direct drive. With a $23K budget there are alot of great options out there so hit your local paper and www.boattraderonline.com
Old    nautique_capt            04-14-2004, 5:41 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 Ski Nautique on Boattraderonline right now. It is a little more than your budget, but it is loaded. It is a great slalom boat and a pretty good wakeboard boat. It was originally owned by a World Champ Women's Slalom skier.
Check it out on BT or send me an email. I am buying a new boat and need to sell. Search for it on BT using Year 2000, Manufacturer Correct Craft, and in the 15227 zip code.