Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Other Water Sports

Old                06-16-2003, 3:42 PM Reply   
Me and my friends started doing some hardcore tubing last summer and weve been gettin some huge air. Our estimated record is about 6 ft off the water. anyone have any good stories or huge air brags?
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-22-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
We do S-Patterns with inflatable Seadoo's. It's great. One time while I was driving the boat, I was able to swing my friend across our wake just behind another boat. As he screamed, "You ****er!" The inflatable Seadoo hit the other boat's wake stopping dead stop. He was pitched all the way over the other boat's wake. I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes.
Old                06-23-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
haha. i discovered last weekend that my friends Ben and Josh had been tubing during a week i wasnt there and Josh can do this trick on the tube where he is riding upside down and then he flips back the right way again.
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2003, 7:45 AM Reply   
Ah Tubing! What a great past time. During the week my bro's and I all Slalom, Wakeboard, and Kneeboard. But at the end of the week when all the weekend warriors are out there who don't know how to drive and they churn up the lake with 5 foot rollers, it's time to bust out the tubes.

Last year, I got my bro to do a complete backflip off of the tube at about 6' in the air. We got it on tape. Have you guys ever seen the Ski-Trix? It's like an inflatable barrel that you climb inside. You get the boat spinning and it just rolls and rolls. My personal best is 13 barrel rolls in it before I almost lost my lunch.
Old                07-08-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
yeah, the weekend wariors really hit the lake this weekend over the fourth. there was nothing to do but tube. i cleared the wake on a double up on a tube, it was cool. ive seen those Ski-Trix i think or at least one like them. ive never ridden in one, but it sounds fun.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-13-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
When im riding the double tube by my self i can clear the wake, but i cant on a wakeboard... we usally do 1 doule tube and 2 single tubes all at once..hehehehe.... much crazyness
Old                08-28-2003, 7:24 PM Reply   
one time while my friend josh was driving i jumped clear over my friend ben. it was crazy, i cleared him by like 2 feet and when i landed he was 10 ft away
Old                08-28-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
by the way, what kinda tubes do u all have?
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       08-29-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
2 O'Brien LeTube's. Best tubes in my opinion. Plus the Ski Trix.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       08-29-2003, 9:19 PM Reply   
anybody try or have a chariot, we have one and its fun especially with 2 people on it, kinda crowded though, im thinking about selling it anybody is interested
Old                09-24-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
those chariots look really fun, saw some kids riding one.....they could roll it and all stay on!
Old     (lsurulzes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-13-2003, 5:28 PM Reply   
I can beat all of you. I was pulling my brother behind my jet ski one time and we were goin around 40 mph and he got around 10 feet off the water!!!!!!!!!
Old                12-26-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
the best i have ever done was to do 3 full barol rolls in a row, what i mean is the boat turned like 5 time in a row and the tube grabbed the wash so i was upside down in the tube going along on my back and flipped it back over, this happened 3 times in a row.
also thought i winded myself really badly once, like i couldnt breathe at all for like 20 seconds, that really scared me.
theres only one guy that can get me off on a tube and hes the one that wrecked me both times
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-01-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
i use the shockwave tubes. just weigh down the back of the boat like a wakeboard boat and you will get plenty of air.
Old                10-27-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
ya i hurt my back last year doing barrel rolls. The most i do is 3. And yes obrian Letubes are nice but what me and a lot of my friends like are the newer model zip ski's. We have 4 zipski's, 2 letubes, one barracuda, one HO horrnet, one HO 2XS, obrian delta double, and a couple others. We tube a lot, we don't just do air we also do what we call "land speed record" which should actually be called water speed record but anyways we go about 40-45mph and crank the wheel and we get whipped out wide untill eventually we roll and roll and roll. We got some great footage. Right now i'm working on an arial barrel roll (barrel roll in mid air off of a wave) i'm getting real close but i want to land it clean. Heres a couple pics of us tubing:

Old                09-22-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
25 foot air easy on this tube. Dont believe me? Check out the video....

http://www.sportsstuff.com/wego/wegoKiteTube.mov
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2005, 10:09 PM Reply   
why did i watch that video? now i want one.
Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
how do u hit the wake and get so much air - i always try to but i dont know if im supposed to cuz at the wake or wait for waves or what. my dad whips me pretty hard at waves but i never seem to go very high. any advice?
Old                04-27-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
We got one of these Wego Kite Tubes this last weekend and took her on some virgin runs..Let me tell you something. Without a good driver and steady headwinds, you are in for a possible visit to the ER.
We had serious wind gusts all weekend and had a helluva time riding it.
I put a video on my website of us riding the Kite Tube, check it out.
http://www.fauxpas.org/modules/xoopsgallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album44

Watch the HUGE air and bad wipeout at the end!

(Message edited by areamike on April 27, 2006)
Old                04-27-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
areamike - You hit the nail right on the head, a good driver is critical. It looks from the video that you are riding in some really strong winds, this isnt recommended as a gust can shoot you up in seconds. Also, it appears that the driver is taking you through some S-turns, this will make it even tougher for a novice rider to keep their balance. Next time you go out, have him keep the boat in a straight line, and feather the throttle down when you reach an undesireable height.

All in all it looks like you did well for a virgin run! Keep us posted on your rides.
Old                04-28-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
This is a crappy shot pulled from a better video.
Upload
Here is the link to the video if you want to check it out:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=69495 9434&n=2&Mytoken=1401205B-A457-B1C0-AD3ABE5C4AB47D702388112
Old     (mbw4462)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
These are our pics off of our video so they're blurry but this was on our stingray i/0 with a small wake, we haven't tried on our sanger yet so ill post them hopefully after next weekend.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mbw4462)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
after you get whipped outward have him turn toward the side u are on slightly so your rope has a tiny bit of slack then it whips you right back around
Old                06-06-2006, 11:57 PM Reply   
I got a web site devoted to tubing and water skiing. Feel free to check out the pictures and movies at Dopes On Ropes - Water skiing and tubing