Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-09-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
I've seen some pictures of some sharp Supremes. Any insight on V208's and V220's. Also any positive or negative feedback on supreme overall?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-09-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
supremes were built by centurion till 2008 now built somewhere else for kal custom nice boats though
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-09-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
Good boats! Great Price!
Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-09-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
07 208 Love the size but if you like to go out with a crowd it’s simply not big enough. Alright stock wake. Fill the ballasts and it gives you a much better pop on the wake. You definitely need some extra weight in the bow when you fill those tanks. I’m not too technical about boat hulls but unless you keep the weight in the boat extremely even you’ll get wash on the opposite side the rider much more than I expected. I’ve done a little surfing behind it as well. It’s a great overall boat.
Upload
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-09-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pic. What do you consider to be a crowd?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-09-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
Are you looking new or used? Check out the v226, it's a pretty sweet boat!
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-09-2010, 4:07 PM Reply   
Used, but I'll do some research on the 226.
Old    skittleboarder86            01-09-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
my buddy has a 07 212 and its a real nice set up, the first summer he had it put over 200hrs on it and they weren't very nice hours and never had a problem with the boat and to this day all he's put into is accs. and fuel through it, they do need some added weight though.
Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-09-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
For the V208 8+ starts to get a little cramped. Its "capacity" is 10 no worse then any other 20-21 foot boat. I forgot to say it has a wide wake which I love.
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-09-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
I've got a 2007 Supreme V208 with rear ballast and a wake plate. The boat rocks and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-10-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
Mike O is that Pineveiw in back ground???

Whats the story with Justus Bros dealership?
Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-10-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
It's Newton reservoir. Sad we haven't gotten very much snow fall this year we might not even get to ride there much this upcoming season. Ha your guess is as good as mine last time I drove by their building, there was a for lease sign on it. Their website hasn't updated any address info. So I'm assuming they went under. Sad really. I'm really hoping I don't need any warranty work. Logan to St. George it would just be easier to pay to have it done. It's been a good boat thus far so I doubt there will be any problems.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-10-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
Ive been wanting to make it up there for some time! Do you ride at Benson Marina much? Been there once for skiing only.

I tried to support them as much as possible as they were just down the road from me. Sad to see them dissapear. I thought they were some nice looking boats, good bang for the buck.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-10-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
I've had my 2007 V 212 for two seasons,engine had a computer problem,taken care of under warranty.I use it most of the time on Lake Erie,so it's in some good size chop sometimes,has handled it very well so far.Good wakeboard wake and real nice surf wake both sides.I love mine can't wait for spring.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-10-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
Don't take this as an insult or bash, but might I suggest a rear view mirror for that boat?

It's quite obvious that the driver has no eyes in the back of his head...
Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-10-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
Yeah I've been out to Benson. You've got to know where you are going though, it's really shallow out there, but you'll get glass almost all day long. The first and last time with this boat going out to Cutler(its a little further down the river) last season resulted in a bent prop right off the ramp. Ha, yes Chris I need to put the mirror back up. Even if we often are out there alone.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-10-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
Mike, lets hook up this coming season, Id like to see how the supreme does on Benson! And in return I'll show you the ins and outs at Willard so when it gets low (nobody goes cause of bent props) you'll know where you can go :-)

Ive been wanting to to to Benson with mine but am clueless where the safe spots are.

End of Hijack
Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-10-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
I'm definitely up for it. Drop me an email if it ever warms up haha.
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-11-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
Upload

Not the best picture, but my 220 loaded up.
Decent wakes, need weight, 208 wake is wider and can we shaped with less effort. 220 wake is ramper

My 2 cents
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-11-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Upload

Found a couple more V220LS same a V-Pro Sky.
I run quite a bit of weight, but these two have less peeps.
Go boats, just kind of finicky about weight, more so that some others I ride behind.
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-11-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-11-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
(Typo)
Good Boats

Old    sperbet            01-11-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
"Don't take this as an insult or bash, but might I suggest a rear view mirror for that boat?"

You forgot to mention that both of his passengers are sitting up on the gunnels, just an fyi, it's a hefty ticket and very dangerous...
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-12-2010, 5:52 PM Reply   
What kind of weight are you running Greg? And how do you have it placed? I have the V208 and was thinking about doing a ballast upgrade this winter
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-13-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
javony
I run 250 pounds of lead in the bow under the front cushion.
A 350 bag in the walk-thur, I use to have 200 pounds of sand bags on top of each rear tank, I was always afraid they would leak? I replaced them with 4inch OD pcv pipes filled with rebar and concrete.
Each side weights about 330lbs. The cool part is that I put handles on them so I can move when we surf! Works pretty good.
Plus we usually go with seven to eight people?
My buddy has a 04 208 we run 350 in the walk thru and 350 bags on top of each rear tank, with the plate you can shape the wake better.
My wakes are still kind of finicky but we make it work.
I think if you made some weight on top of the rear tanks, then used the ballast bags inside as needed you could get a nice wake.

G
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-13-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
Thanks Greg. I might have to give that a try. I was thinking about removing the hard tanks all together and replacing them with bags and then obviously adding weight up front. I was thinking about 700-750 per side in the rear and 350 up front. Does that sound about right? I do have the plate in the rear as well
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-13-2010, 8:13 PM Reply   
The tanks are under the engine so, that would be a big job and probably not worth it. On a 208 you could plum in some bags on top of the tanks and set them up with there own switch they have a lot more room in those rear trunks than mine.
Depends on how much work you want to do? I would go to Home Depot or Lowes and get 400lbs of sand and put them in some sandbags and lay them on top of the rear tanks and fill ballast run the wake plate about 50-75 check out the wake and adjust as needed. Once you get the wake right, you can decide on how to make the weight perminate? Remember more rear weight makes the wake bigger, but weighting the nose shapes the wake , so you need to add weight to the bow as well esp since they have no bow tanks! The wake plate helps but even at 100 with more weight in the rear the bow will need something.
Wow your in Sac, when it warms up get ahold of me, we can check out mine and my buddies 208 to give you ideas!
G
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-15-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
You can fit the 400 lb Fly Highs on top of the stock tanks giving you 760lbs on each side. And the stock tanks are actually pretty easy to get out if decided to go that way.
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-18-2010, 5:24 AM Reply   
Greg, Are you running any special prop? I've noticed that when the boat is full of people and the ballast is full it has a hard time coming on plane? I've looked into reproping my boat but wanted to know what others have experimented with and what works the best. Yeah I am out in Sac and would love to take you up on your offer. Thanks for all the help
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-18-2010, 5:27 AM Reply   
The only reason I was contemplating taking out the hard tanks was for more storage when the ballast wasn't full. I like the idea that Supra uses with the bags.
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-18-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Is that a dude in the picture above??????
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-18-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
yes, like all dudes wear 2 piece bathing suits
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-18-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Javony:
I now run a Acme 515 three blade, originally I had a four and I had it cupped different to try to decrease RPM's they rev to high for my taste? My buddy decided I needed a new prop... and strut, and shaft and rudder ect..ect. (laughing now) The three blade is a much better prop. They are pigs when weighted is yours the Black Scorpion? I would bet not, the Mercruiser motors are weak compared to the Inmars and PCMS. Thats my biggest complaint about my boat. The 208 you can use the trim tab to help it get out of the hole. Hopefully it will rain until March then stop and we will get an early year, hit me up.
TQ:
maybe on the 208's my 220 laps under the motor, The shop had it out when my buddy customized my shaft... ect. I was looking to go the Supra bag route myself. Now I just want to go Supra
MattP
That is a girl, I think not sure who she is, but it was a good call with some of the riff raff I run with, they may want to run bottoms like that! Yikes yeah you (Kelly)

(Message edited by V220LS on January 18, 2010)
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-21-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
No I don't have the black scorpion, just the 350 mag. It looks like my list of off season improvements keeps getting longer hahaha
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-23-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Just bought a V220 with 700lbs of factory ballasts. How many ballast will it need to get a decent wakesurfing wake?