Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-30-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
I purchased an 07 SAN 210 with out a trailer. Luckly two days prior to picking the boat up a slightly used phoenix trailer came available. I picked it up for a great deal, basically half the price of a new one. The trailer built for a Nautique 226. Only problem is that my boat only sits on the two outside bunks. My boat does not touch the middle two bottom bunks. Any suggestions on how to adjust the bottom bunks? I phoned Phoenix and they are absolutely no help.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-30-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Pic
Attached Images

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-30-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
Plane the wood bunk to angle? And then, weld shop to add two more bunks?

Trailer for my 211 has 6 bunks. Four are in the rear, they are parallel, and are level on top. They support the weight of the engine. The two in the front converge towards each other, and ramp up to touch the bow on opposite sides of the tracking fins.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-30-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
You could probably just do a triangular shim between the bunk and posts to get the bunks to match up to the hull.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-30-2014, 10:15 AM Reply   
I am thinking a shim is the best solution. Does not look like an easy job.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-30-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
Shouldn't be too bad. Get your angles and dimensions with the boat on the trailer, throw the boat in the water and then do your adjustments/shimming. I would put a wrench on the bunk mount hardware ahead of time though to make sure the bunk wood is still solid and will take the screws. Otherwise, just figure on some new bunks and carpet at the same time.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       07-30-2014, 1:07 PM Reply   
I'd experiment with wood and get it how you want it. Then I'd have the same thing made out of plastic or aluminum.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       07-30-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
If it's just one bolt on each bracket holding the bunk on then you could get truck body lift pucks and cut/grind the appropriate angle onto one side:
http://americanspeedandcustom.com/i-...FSsV7AodimoALw

They're plastic so it should be easy to cut an angle on one side with a band saw or even hand tools if you had to. You'll obviously need longer bolts. The bolts will be at an angle relative to the surface of the bunk so you'll need to countersink them appropriately so they don't contact the hull. Should be pretty easy.

Last edited by Jeff; 07-30-2014 at 2:01 PM.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-30-2014, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
If it's just one bolt on each bracket holding the bunk on then you could get truck body lift pucks and cut/grind the appropriate angle onto one side:
http://americanspeedandcustom.com/i-...FSsV7AodimoALw

They're plastic so it should be easy to cut an angle on one side with a band saw or even hand tools if you had to. You'll obviously need longer bolts. The bolts will be at an angle relative to the surface of the bunk so you'll need to countersink them appropriately so they don't contact the hull. Should be pretty easy.
This looks like a decent idea. Thanks!