Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2012, 1:37 AM Reply   
Hi, I am trying to select a wakesurf board, but being in the UK, the choice is pretty much the main wakeboard companies only, ie hyperlite, liquid force, cwb! Obrien. There is even less chance trying before you buy.

I just missed out on a 2011 byerly hazard, which I think, would have been ideal,.....

I weigh 75kg (165lbs) surf style as opposed to skim board style is my thing. any suggestions greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-03-2012, 4:28 AM Reply   
Get in touch with Soulcraft Jeff is a great guy and will treat you right

Last edited by h20king; 07-03-2012 at 4:30 AM.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-03-2012, 6:28 AM Reply   
Airbaze is on your side of the pond. Supposedly their "next" is an awesome board. You could also check out Shred Stixx, The Walker Project or maybe just go to towanza.com and get a board shipped from them as they have a nice selection.
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-03-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
Your best bet would be to buy online and ger it shipped. But if you really want to buy local, for surf style check out liquid force more than the other brands.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-03-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
The hazard is a skim board masquerading as a surf board. I would generally suggest one of the more established surf companies, like shred stixx, walker, IS, etc., but in-country is going to be the most cost effective approach even though selection will be highly limited. Shipping for a board from the US to the UK will be between $200-300 on average. Some companies will ship overseas, some will not. For instance, Inland will not directly, but a dealer/distributor like Slayshtank or towanza will ship internationally.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2012, 9:23 AM Reply   
JS, I dont think Towanza sells Shred Stixx, Walker Project, or Airbaze anymore since they merged with Boardco
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-03-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
I never post here, largely because I am a retailer thus everything I say is biased.

I have to correct Mitch's assumption driven posts however. He means well and is just trying to help, he's just inaccurate. Working hard on web site changes which is likely the contributor, sorry Mitch. We still carry all the brands Mitch listed, and much more; just like all quality retailers can help you in your board selection Ally. If you don't see what you want on towanza.com, then we have it next to us and we're taking pictures for the site right now - available to ship immediately. You can also always call 800.568.7034 to talk to a person.

Nick is spot on, including the shipping destinations. Thank you for the continued support - and I'm glad to see Walker World is alive and kicking.

Surf's up!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
Sorry about that Todd. I didnt know
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-03-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
No Worries Mitch - Give me a call next time, you've got my #.

On another note, I must have said CMS and CalMarineSports over the mic more last weekend than you have this season! The CMS Pro Wake Surf team was down in FL and throwing down! Good stuff, great team man!

Hijack over!
Old     (Becci_)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-03-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
You should definately check our AIRBAZE boards out. I would recommend the 4'7". The boards are fast and easy to learn tricks like 360's, 720's reverses, airs... anything you want check out our website. We ship to the UK (and worldwide).
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2012, 2:31 PM Reply   
The airbaze boards look great, just start to get a little pricey for me when you have to add the traction pad and shipping . I am liking the look of the inland surfer blue lakes, seem to be getting pretty solid reviews
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-03-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...esurf+%2Bboard

Blue lake is like a big barn door. Stable, but boring.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2012, 4:51 PM Reply   
Todd, haha thanks! We are pumped on our team. They are a fun group.
The comp in Florida looked amazing. You guys did a great job. I wish I could have come out.
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2012, 4:32 AM Reply   
Okay, I can get an airbaze next or inland surfer swallow for pretty similar money.

Does anybody have any knowledge of these two boards and be able to help me
make a decision as to which to go for.