Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old    akman            06-22-2009, 9:15 PM Reply   
Spent a few days at the river with my family and friends for Father's Day Weekend. So stoked to get Kory up and riding with me and stoked that his buddy Nathan was also able to get up and riding with his daddy my bastard son Blabel.

Both boys started out crying but once up and surfing the wake with the dad's they were fine and even managed a smile. I didn't score any points with my wife however as I snapped off a few lip slides. I looked back at the boat and she had both hands up waving frantically for me to stop and had that super pissed off look on her face. When I got done Kory says to me "surfing daddy" and "wakeboarding". Can't wait for them to get older so they can go by themselves.

Big step for the boys this weekend!

Gramps and "little Gramps"
Upload
Blabel and "Nate the Skate"
Upload
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-22-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
Super sweet...it's great to see the boys riding!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
awesome!!!
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-22-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
Good stuff!!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-23-2009, 11:46 PM Reply   
That's awesome guy's you have to be so stoked
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-23-2009, 11:56 PM Reply   
That's so awesome!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-24-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
As you can tell, my son didn't like standing on the board!
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-24-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
It's probably because he is goofy footed. ;)

Bella didn't like standing on the board the first couple of times either. Now she digs it. I think with their height they get sprayed pretty good and it freaks them out.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-24-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
The funny thing is I think he is goofy foot but I am making him learn to skate regular. It's really a selfish thing, when we're surfing together someday (hopefully) I don't want to argue about surf spots!

It always seems like you are going much faster when you are down low so I can't blame him.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
I'd be crying too if I had to sport the life jacket that has the strap going between the legs too, ahah .

Great pics.