Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-29-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
There I was, so hyped up with the ninety degree weather just days befor this weekend. All plans made green lights everywhere. Wake up Saturday its cold and rainy. We wait it out hoping for a break in the weather. Never happens. Wke up this morning look out the window, cold rainy and miserable outside. Im so sick of this stinking Oregon Weather. Another Memorial day weekend down the tubes.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-29-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Man, and I was thinking about moving up there! Of course, I have been planning it for over 10 years now, and it has not happened yet! I have been there 4 times, all during the summer.

If it makes you feel better, San Diego os just OK today. About 68 on the coast, and probably 74 or so at San V, with partial clouds. That whole June-gloom thing. See if that slows me down! I get off work in less than 1 hour, and get to start my holiday weekend.

Dan,

Put on a sweater, throw on your dry suit, and hit it bro! You are in Oregon. If you let the weather stop you, you may never get out.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-29-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
Ok Buzz, thanks for the pick me up, I just called a few friends and I got 2 to go. To the bat cave lol
Old    clubjoeskier            05-29-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Daniel--Just make sure those guys are the first you call when it's good out there too...

Wind was screwin' up the water out here this morning at 6a. We called it a day without putting in, cuz it wasn't showing signs of improvement....

Sorry you drove all the way up for this, Bug!! Probably next time will be PERFECT!! BTW, thanks again for the COOL gift....I'm sure we'll be using the crap out of it this summer! SURF'S UP!!

Thomas--Thanks for driving up on Friday!! Looks like it might be the only day I got out this weekend....Maybe Monday I'll get out!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-29-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Joe ~ like I said no need to apologize. The wakeboard gods were not with us today and maybe for a reason. Thanks for understanding that water like that just isn't fun to ride in.
Old     (mnwake45)      Join Date: May 2005       05-29-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
Dude, it could be worse, i just had my first set of the year today, it was pushin 70 degrees in the sunlight but the water was prolly about 40, so if you think oregon sucks and dont want to move there, then definitly dont think about northern Minnesota either lol.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-29-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Daniel, I know exactly how you feel. My grandparents are in town, and we did get the boat out a couple times last week, but we planned on a big 3 day weekend of playing around and riding, but NOOOOOO! It's probably 65 out there, and completely overcast. I can't wait for nice weather again.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Hmm that's weird, the water was 78 and the air was 104 at Lake Havasu. Ohh & the boobies were out in force, granted I wish most of the boobies I saw weren't out, but i digress.....
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
Actually, Memorial Day in WA turned out pretty nice. It was 75 and sunny, a little breezy but I got a nice 20 minute ride in before white caps started to form. All in all, I'd give it a B. It would've been a B+ if there was no wind.
Old    socalgrl79            05-31-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
I'm in Seattle and the days leading up to Memorial Day were hot and sunny but Sunday and Monday were overcast and maybe 65 degrees. Figures!
Old     (jeremyog)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-31-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
Sunday was super cold out on Lake Sam. Thank god for heaters. We stayed out until 3 hoping the clouds would burn off. Pretty weird to be out there on Memorial Day weekend with just a few boats. Since noone was around we busted out the tube. We had way too much fun on that stupid thing. I need to keep it on the dock so I'm not tempted to bring it out again.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-31-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Man Medford must have been the exception I live in Bend and we went out to Prineville Reservoir and it was 70 degree water 80 degree air and blue skies saturday and monday till about 4 or 5. Sunday was definitly a crappy morning so i didnt even plan on headin out but it actually cleared up also around 12 or 1