Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    bigds            04-23-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a pair a medium size Hyperlite Temet bindings. Can anyone suggest a place with the absolute best pricing on these? My friend is also looking for a 136 Premier DNA board as well.

Thanks!
Old    norcalbrdrydr            04-23-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
Yeah man, go to www.grizzly-sports.com they are the lowest priced that i have found. I just bought an 03' Parks 143 DNA from them and they were great. They are out of Oregon so there isn't any sales tax. Also, for any 04' boards, there is no cost for shipping. Call them up, ask for blems, they are cheaper and if its an astetic blem you more than likely wont even be able to tell where it is. Just my 2 cents...
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-23-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
I'd call Adam or Tyler at Wakesports Unlimited in Orange, Ca. there # is (714) 363-WAKE, or www.wakesports.com
Old    ag4ever            04-23-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
I have actually found the best prices to be at my boat dealer, but then again, I think it is mostly due to the fact that I spent a good chunk of change on my SANTE there.

So, if you got your Mastercraft from a dealer, you might try there, and see if they can hook you up with a discount.
Old     (jwb)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-23-2004, 10:23 PM Reply   
www.buywake.com all the way
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-25-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
ummm, all of you must be under a rock or something. Ebay all the way. I bought a brand new balance 140 for $150 last summer and some brand new CD ps01 bindings for $99. At buywake that board would cost $349 and the bindings $220 (because the bindings are on clearance at buywake, they are normally $319). So a professional board set up for under $250??? I dont think buywake can beat that. Also all hyperlite boards are insanely cheap, like dna premiers for $265 and biolite TFD's for $180. Im sorry, but retail wakeboard stores can't compete. Remember all of wakeboarding gear is priced on supply and demand, not the actual value of the board. Retail wakeboard companies buy the boards from the manufacturer for $150 (i know because a ebay seller told me he baught all his inventory for $150 a board). Hyperlite used to sell boards for $600 and more. Don't get ripped off on a board because it's not really worth the sale price.
Old     (vlxwakerider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
Derek- It looks like Leo would drive 10 miles to save 2 cents on a gallon of gas. Obviously, the only thing important to him is price. You should always consider price, but what about warranty ? You won't get that on e-bay. Also, what if the size isn't right on the boots. You have to go in to your local pro shop to try the size on. but there won't be any shops left if you just buy it on e-bay. Most shops will always beat a price if you let them know. Ask anyone on Wakeworld how often bindings bindings rip, tear or break. It happens a lot. So buy it from someone who will give you good customer service and a good price. The best I have found is www.buywake.com and Sports Ltd.(877-650-7433)Ask for Lenny or Steve.
Old    devastate            04-26-2004, 12:04 AM Reply   
www.wakeside.com - hit the package button and you get a 10% discount
Old    pumpbiz            04-28-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
All types of marine pumps, bilge pumps, wake board ballast pumps by jabsco, rule and others
www.pumpbiz.com
http://www.pumpbiz.com/products/index.cfm?fuseaction=pump_model_detail&product_id= 9493
Old    hoochieman89            04-28-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
www.ebay.com just type in what your are looking for. I found the Team 139 with ultra bindings for 400 bucks and now I'm sellin the bindings for 130 so I mean that is a damn good deal on the 04 team board.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-28-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
Working at a marina I wish the cost on a board was $150 since i can buy my equipment at cost...Whatever retailer that is must get an amazing discount since I have never seen a decent board come in that cheap, not even close, unless you want to buy a ultra low end beginner board, I mean for $150 you could buy about half a Parks DNA if you paid dealer cost...Ebay is great for deals, but I know most dealers mark down. Like the shop I work at, they mark down once for regualr price and cusotmers who buy a boat get more knocked off of that...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
Leo is saving much more than pennies. It might not work the best for bindings. But if you have ridden the board and you know you'll like it, it sounds good to me. If you're snapping boards like Chris Williams, the warranty probably is important though. That I agree with.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
Any good shop should take care of warranty issues with boards of a company they represent, regardless if you made the purchase there.

If they didn't, I wouldn't shop there anyway.

E.J.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
Yeah but you can't expect the board shop to spend their time taking care of your warranty issue if you didn't buy the board from them. It's not a good way to build a relationship with your dealer.
What's in it for them?
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-29-2004, 11:16 AM Reply   
The most important thing to me is price. Second is convenience. I will definately drop an extra $100 on a setup from a local shop to support local business and such. However I bought my last setup off the internet and probably saved $400 (Canadian). Thats big bucks. I will just buy some new bindings off the internet if mine wreck. Plus local selection of some products was not always great. getting better now though.

J-rod. What they get out of it as a person that actually boards and buys products coming into the shop. Maybe he will buy something (hat shirt shorts etc.). more traffic usually means more sales.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-29-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
Derek,
Check out Wakeside.com. You can save 10% right off the top if you use the "package" coupon at checkout. You'll also get free shipping with orders over $50 and never pay taxes. The buyers guide will help show you the pop, feel, and ability level of each board. The guys at Wakeside are great to work with and have always offered great service.
The peeps at Buywake.com and RV at Grizzly-sports.com are also great to deal with. Don't hesitate to pick up a phone and call any one of these... you may find even better deals await you.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Yea I would.

If you have a contract to sell someones product, you also have a responsibility to take care of the issues that product may have. The shop is not covering warranty issues, the company that made it is.

Fact is, boards and bindings are disposable items. But if there is truly a warranty issue related to a defect, any shop worth a stack of beans will take care if the problem. That is regardless if you bought a bottle of binding lube from them or it is where you purchased your boat.

What is in it for them.... The contract with Liquid Force, Hyperlite ect.

Anyway, just an opinion. My only warranty issue was with overlays and I contacted the company directly and they shipped the item to me.

E.J.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-29-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
I don't think it is a matter of if, but how a shop will handle the warranty. I know i have had problems and have been given a board out of inventory while they sent the other back to be replaces, but I also know that would not happen if i didn't buy the board there, yeah, they may help you send it back, but that is the extent of it because the shops staff is being paid to do somethign that is costing them since the board was not bought there...