Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-06-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
I am having a slight problem with my ballast slowly leaking out when we are riding. I was told that most boats have a ballast shut off valve near the dump out. This valve enable you to lock the water in the tanks.

Does anyone know if the XStar has this valve and if so where it's located?

Thanks!
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
You have a shut off valve near the intake on the bottom of the boat, it'll be right by the engine. Is it leaking out of the empty ports? I don't think you have shut off values at the empty ports at least I don't, I run an overflow system to my PWT bags. You could pretty easily put some in. It would have to leak past your pumps if it's leaking out of the empty ports, you may just have bad pump impellors. I would check those first. Make sure you have the green ones not the yellow impellors.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-08-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
Bad impellers. Replace with the green ones. Ballast is being sucked out when you are underway.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-08-2011, 9:31 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I just put the green puppies in. Amazing difference!