Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-27-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Anyone have any experience with Diywake articulating tower mirror arms? I like the price. They seem to be the cheapest online with the mirror included. Is this a good deal as well as a good product? Here is a link to their product:
http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=578
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-27-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
I've never heard anything bad about any of their stuff . . . I bought a tower and 2 racks from them and love em
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-27-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
I have the arm with out the round swivel clamp and am very happy with it. The only thing was with the mirror I got from them, it wouldn't get very tight and when hitting rollers it would turn down so you would have to adjust it back up. A little foam around the arm where the mirror mounted worked well to fix the problem. They send you a peace of sticky backed sand paper but that did not work.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-27-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
thanks for the quick responses. I just ordered mine.
Old     (riothepimp)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-28-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
will beat anyones price on the articulating mirror arms www.bosswake.com 916-631-8933
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-28-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
I believe BossWake was the original manufacturer of that mirror arm. Great quality and good articulation. Have a good new year.
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-02-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
i have the none rotating one on my 210. I heard some people say the rotating one had problems staying locked in an not moving so i just got the solid mount one. The fit is good but I did have to file it down some to get it to clear the powder coating on the tower.

(Message edited by crghou on January 02, 2008)
Old     (rbalan)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-04-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
I have the articulating DIY arm and had to file it to fit around the powdercoat as well. After dealing with it coming loose so many times, I flipped the mount around and it helped tremendously. I am also thinking of drilling and tapping a set screw to further lock it down. I don't know what Boss offers as an option, but it was so much less expensive than anything else. I would buy it again, but I also don't mind having to do these little mods.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-04-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
One thing to watch for with the DIY is that it is polished aluminum, they tend to get gunked up really quick when exposed to the elements. Other than that, I've ordered clamps from him and his quality is awesome for the price.
Old     (rcogrady)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-04-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Great advice, I'm new to this sight and am also close to buying a mirror. I noticed these mirrors on ebay, Sounds like my minds made up. cheers.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-04-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
I just installed mine and it fits and looks perfect. The mirror seems to have a lot of play so I am going to take Nicks advice and shim it with some pieces of rubber. Thanks for the advise. Gotta love Wakeworld!
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-17-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
I just got a Boss Mirror and is scratching the hell out of my tower. If i move it keep it when i sell my boat i dont want the tower to look beat to hell. Did u guys put any thing between the mirror and your towers

Thanks
Old     (dirtyjerz)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-02-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
Greg,
Not sure if you have already found a solution for the mirror scratching the tower. I went to Home Depot and got some of the thin felt that they sell in little packages (~$4), then just cut to fit the inside of the bracket perfectly, then removed the tape. It worked great for me because it made the arm even tighter on the tower.

The idea of metal on metal just didnt sound good to me either. Hope that helps.