Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (mydogzeke)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
i'm looking for a couple of racks to put on my tower. but, it seems as though they are all really expensive (overpriced?). i even considered making my own. any suggestions? anyone know of any good deals on a wakeboard rack?
any info will be helpful...
thanks

jl
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
I just about made my own too, but I just don't have the time right now. Seems like such a "simple" piece of hardware to shell out the bucks for. I ended up buying mine with my Monster Tower...will be shipped on Monday. Wakeboard rack was $235 I think.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-15-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
I bought mine from http://www.xtremetowers.com/ecom/index.php?tplaction=fulldetails&productid=15&id=2 .
These are the same racks that come on the Supras and Moombas from the factory. The $316 is for both sides. Most of the others cost that much for each side. I've been happy with mine.

Hope this helps,
Jman
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
Check E-bay...
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-16-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
Josh,

I'm getting ready to unload these on E-bay. Looking to get $130 for the set.

UploadUpload
UploadUpload

I also have some (new) Skylon Bat racks...Though, they'll go more like $500/set.

(Message edited by yosquire on April 16, 2006)
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
One of the best values out there is XTPs Double Up Rack. They're sold as a pair, and if you're fortunate enough to have the right size tubing, you can't beat the quality.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-16-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
I think Monster has the best deal going, quick release and all. I kept them from my last boat.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-17-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Just a little bit more than XTP's but these have a wider range of tube sizes
http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/boss_wakeboard_racks/boss_adjustable_2_board_rack
Old     (fish6942)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-17-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
I've also been agonizing over the costs of these things. I'm leaning towards the Monster racks as well but then I also need a ski rack (which they also offer).

Anyone have any other comments on the Monster racks they'd like to offer?
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-17-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
Check out dbot5.com. They have really cool racks and the prices are reasonable. They will fit any tower out of the box and can be rotated to any angle. They also have an option for an "add-on" surfer rack that bolts to the standard rack.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-17-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
I agree that these things seem to be pretty overpriced as well. I think I am going to try to make a set of racks that are similar to Nautique Flight Clips. They seem to be the simplest and easiest to build without extensive machining.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-17-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
I think the board racks get their large price for 4 reasons.

1) Price of 1/2 Aluminum Plate Stock ($75 - $125) each rack
2) Time & ware on the CNC machine (CNC machines can easily cost $500k)
3) Labor to polish to a final product
4) Markup

$300 Does sound like a lot, but I'd be surprised if the manufacture is making over $75 per rack.