Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (frosteez)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-09-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
Tried to search if this has been posted before, couldn't find it...

http://www.wakesites.com/designyourride.php

go vote for your favorite, or put one of your own up. I'd Prefer you vote for mine(I wont say which one) or anyone but the one in first place, it's obviously not mine, LOL....

Winner gets a limited edition board with their graphic printed as well as one voter so by voting you could win a free board. there also may be more than 1 grand prize winner...

support your fellow artists and riders. go Vote.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-09-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
It's so dumb if the person who is in first wins because he just stole the design from the liquid force press...
Old     (frosteez)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-09-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
really? that's super lame! I knew there was a reason I hated it aside from the neon colors...
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-09-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
Glad to hear that this concept is catching on, its a great way to get cool new designs on boards. And its also a great way to try and get a free board.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-09-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
I got a few designs i am working on to give it a shot,... of course ;). (have not sent any in yet)

Currently it does smell a little fishy that there is something going on with the top voted board(s). but that is what always happens with online public voting. but in the description of the contest and rules it looks like popularity won't be the sole deciding factor. so just because something is winning in the vote #s doesn't mean it will win out in the end. either way it will be fun to look at all the submissions

remember you get ONE vote, so you may want to wait till closer to the end otherwise you might waste it on something you think is better... or for your own design should you later decide to give it a shot
Old    wakejjboard12            03-09-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
What program are you guys using to edit the templates?
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-09-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hey guys vote for mine please It's called the rebound thanks so much! this is what it looks like http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8620/1stwakeboardfinal.jpg

(Message edited by jdwake1 on March 09, 2009)
Old     (frosteez)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-10-2009, 4:58 AM Reply   
Jon come on now, let's play fair.
Since you had to go there...mine is the Slither.
http://www.dcwake.com/index.php?id=4631&sid=ccc6961e9f4a9f39c4062e6a194a 0ec8&view=frameless&jname=phpbb3&jfile=file.php&op tion=com_jfusion&Itemid=102

Jeremy I hear what your saying about some things being fishy a new one was posted yesterday and now has 312 votes (at least it looks good, still not my favorite). I've actually had votes disappear off mine...

Jessica I use GIMP it's free www.gimp.org

(Message edited by frosteez on March 10, 2009)
Old     (frosteez)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-10-2009, 5:43 AM Reply   
I should also add if you're on facebook
http://apps.facebook.com/productpulse/search/home?q=wakesites
you can rate and comment on designs.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
lol well you know you do what you have to do, I just realized if you use a mac or just download safari you can vote for yourself as many times as you want. That guy in first put his board on after me and had a new vote every minute and I know that site isnt getting that many hits and everyone agrees one 1 board. By the way I like the Slither nice job!!!
Old     (frosteez)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-10-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
lol...cheaters!!! I got my 95 votes legit, I was on top for a hot minute until that "wicked" board came up and knocked me down.
thanks for the props, I'd rock yours.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
I know the girl that designed the board that is the current leader. She doesn't wakeboard and I am about 99% sure she has never seen the LF boards. She is a design student at Full Sail. I posted this contest on the schools student forums for a way for some of the students to try and get their work out there. However I think there is something going on with the voting. One of the designs I submitted early on had a good number of votes after about 2 weeks then the next day the votes dropped down to 4. I know I had more votes than that because 10 of my friends that I know of voted for my board. Something is going on.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
I think in the end it is going to come down to what slingshot thinks is a seller and not what the votes are because lets face is what kind of business would pick the wicked board that looks exactly like the Liquid force PS3 grind?
Old     (frosteez)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2009, 5:11 AM Reply   
from the sounds of the contest rules you're probably right Jon. funny thing is I've had mine posted since the 11th of Feb and it still isn't on the product pulse to be rated even though every other board has made it up...I call shenanigans

Brinks, Which one is yours?
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-11-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Ya I just saw mine on product pulse thanks for telling me about it...
Old     (frosteez)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
no problem, looks like they got mine up too finally
Old    wakejjboard12            03-11-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
thanks for the program link J. I got mine up yesterday... STOKE!
Old     (frosteez)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
Sure thing,looking good!
Old     (wakesites)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-12-2009, 4:40 AM Reply   
I just wanted to thank all of you who submitted your wakeboard art to our Design Your Ride contest. I know it is a lot of work to create an awesome wakeboard design! We really appreciate your art and will do our best to assure the contest is fair! The designs are really starting to pour in now - I think we just got 10-12 in just the last few days. Also, the buzz has been very positive on the social web so far. Since the contest launched on Facebooks' Product Pulse APP, we have had a tremendous amount comments on your submitted wakeboard designs. This is the fun part - reading what people are saying about your wakeboard art!

I also wanted to share with you some thoughts around your concerns regarding fake votes. You all know what happens with online public voting. People are smart, so detecting those tricky users is honestly a challenge from a technical point of view. However, I have to say that we will do our best to detect fake votes and remove them from the final result. Some of you may have seen some votes disappearing from your design. That happened at the beginning of the contest, when we removed detected fake votes on a daily basis. We realized that it would look odd for participants to see votes going up and down, so we decided to defer that process until we reach the deadline. My advice to all designers would be to focus on their design and do not worry at all about the voting system. Remember, you can submit as many designs as you want so the more you submit the better chance you have of seeing your art on a Slingshot wakeboard! So keep them coming!
Old     (mestremind)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-12-2009, 6:06 AM Reply   
Vote Mestre Wake:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/brazastyle/Wake.jpg

Check out full view: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/brazastyle/mestrewake.jpg
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-12-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
I took a stab at it.

This is the first time I have ever done anything like this. I thought it turned out pretty decent.

It is the one with the slingshot and ruby on it.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-12-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
Good to know Paul I was hoping someone would come on and let us know what the deal is. And how do you actually win? the combination of vote, facebook and what you are looking for?
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-12-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
Everyone that is imputing their designs are killin it. They all look sweet but I voted for Big skull. The green/black and simple skull with the spiky eye is super sick. Nice job!
Old     (wakesites)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-13-2009, 1:34 AM Reply   
I agree. It is amazing how professional, artistic and original these Slingshot wakeboard designs really are! It is going to be very difficult to pick a winner here - I (now) remember why we left that part up to social voting and Slingshot Sports!!

Jon, Slingshot Sports will pick the winner based on a few factors; the contest rules of course, the votes from the social web and the designs ability to best reflect the Slingshot Sports brand.

The contest deadline is May 9 so get your designs in before then! Slingshot Sports will have their hands full choosing this winning wakeboard design.