Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-26-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
Do they make a difference? If so, why aren't they more popular? Just watched a vid on alliance and the boat had one of these but the rider wasn't using the extension.....which makes me question the functionality. Link below.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/acr...arne-boat-set/
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-26-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
funny he wasnt using it. Is that one of the slingshot type deals that Shapiro endorsed for a while back in the day?
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-26-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
I have seen them in Overtons and such. They are marketed for wakeboarding and I have never seen any wakeboarder use one. I have never used one, but I believe they are popular in barefooting for training and learning.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-26-2012, 7:01 PM Reply   
Doesnt your question answer itself? If they made a real difference, they would be more popular. I've never seen one before, cant imagine it would make as much difference as a ballast bag.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-26-2012, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminp View Post
Doesnt your question answer itself? If they made a real difference, they would be more popular. I've never seen one before, cant imagine it would make as much difference as a ballast bag.
I was hoping to hear feedback from someone that had actually used one. Just because there aren't many around doesn't mean they don't function as intended. Maybe it's just one of those things that take a while to catch on They seem to make sense, but I am no physics expert.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-26-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
If Shapiro endorsed them I think they've had their chance to catch on and have instead gone the way of the wake pants.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-26-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
^^ha ha along with T-shirts over life preservers
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-26-2012, 8:49 PM Reply   
i used a prototype that flexed a few years ago, it would whip the crap out of you and launch you too the moon, also airtricks were easy off the flats, it was very difficult to spin and the contraption i rode was dangerous, i broke two towers... sorry for the run on sentence
Old     (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       12-26-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
Tower extension by Barefoot International. Popular with Barefooters doing deepwater starts and training and hydrofoilers that go big. While it's not needed it's a different pull. When you get used to using one and then have to go back to a standard tower it's a lot like going from a tower to the ski pylon. The "Cheater Tower" just helps give you a lofty pull. IMO.

This is with a cheater tower.