Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (wallstdrg)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-09-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hi guys,

I have a 2007 Mastercraft x-15. I was thinking about installing the attitude adjustment plate. Does this plate make my wake bigger? Does it change the shape of my wake? Do you think it is worth putting on?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-09-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
i have the same question, wasnt offered this as an option when buying, not sure why but always wondered what my little trim tab swith was for. haha
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-09-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
My understanding is that it won't make your wake bigger, but it can change the shape of your wake. And the attitude of your boat, i.e, getting on plane quicker.....
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
I have it on my 08 X15. It will not make the wake bigger. Flatter yes! I only find it useful when water skiing. Also I have found that it rides better in rough water with the plate down a little. If your buying to increase your wakeboard wake, don't and invest in the fly high system, that will make your wake as big as you want.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-09-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
I had the same question as well and posted on the mastercraft forum. Dan is right, it could flatten the wake, make it plain better, change the shape a bit. However, the reason why I would need it is to calm the lip down that I get when I weight my 07 X2. I'm used to the malibu wakes and the wake behind my newly purchased X2 is VERY lippy, but nice. It would be nice to have this attitude plate to remove the lip a little. I'm hoping that's what it does for me.
Old    sandvign            07-09-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
You all are right when you say it shapes the wake instead of making it larger. Definitely a useful option if you ski, foot, or anything other than wakeboard. I think the biggest use the plate has is cleaning up the surf wake. We loaded down an 07 X2 that had the plate and the surf wake was huge and long. You could drop way back in wave and still rip it. So if surfing is something you are big on, I'd check out the plate for sure.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-09-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
we use the plate to get on plane with lots and lots of weight in the boat...and for cruising from spot to spot looking for water...it sort of lifts the ass end of the boat out of the water...

awesome
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-09-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
what about cleaning up the wake boarding at 24.5 mph at 80 feet??? I ride my X2 at 80 feet at that speed and love it, but sure would be nice to clean it up at tiny bit. Just not sure from anyone yet if it does or not. I'm assuming so, if you can flatten the wake. I'm thinking if you just tapped it down a small bit at that speed, then it would be perfect.

I still like it either way, but sometimes it makes hitting raleys off this wake a bit harder because it's almost like hitting a huge wall. Great for spins and trip flips
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
There is a wake difference from the X2 to the X15. I had an 06 X2 and thought the wake got wide fast and had that lip. I didn't have the plate which would have helped. Same for the surf wave on the X2, it tends to be short and steep, but the plate would make that longer for sure. I say it is a great add to an X2, not needed for the X15.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-09-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Dan I am thinking of upgrading from a 2002 x star to an x2 pickle. I am an average boarder how much of a difference will I see in wake.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-09-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
Dan Duer is right on! Perfect for the x2 but not necessary for the wakeboard wake for the x15. Get the fly high system or sacs for wake.
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
Tampwake..that is exactly what I did. 2002 Xstar to the 06 X2 now on to an 08 X15. Making baby steps to the newer xstar...:-) I truly feel the 2002 Xstar has a great wakeboard wake so going to the X2 wont gain you much-if-anything there. However if you like surfing the X2 will blow away the 02 Xstar. Plus the additional interior space is a huge plus. The x2 also handles way better in rougher waters.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-10-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
Did not mean to hijack but yeah looking for a bit more space and have not gotten into surfing yet but its on the list. Also needs something to fit in the garage. I just did not want to lose much on the wakeboard wake. I know people LOVE the old 205v hull for its wake.