Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       11-29-2003, 4:16 PM Reply   
Well I witnessed the event that cost Terry Dorner and Shaun l "lot" of money a few years ago. Where sides were drawn up to see who could collect the most money for (my memory is failing) a rider who had suffered a problem. In any case - the "don't cut" won by a narrow margin .

Today - Gerry - with Shaun's and a few others assistance - did the unthinkable. And if anyone would like a few pictures - let me know.
Lloyd
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2003, 5:25 PM Reply   
Oh Yeah!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-29-2003, 6:10 PM Reply   
I've heard it said that "A picture speaks a thousand words." If that's indeed true, then yes! I'd like to see pictures! Because after reading Lloyd's words I'm clearly too far out of "the loop" to understand what's going on here. Oh well.
Old    buttacup            11-29-2003, 6:14 PM Reply   
Please share, Lloyd, I believe I know what you are talking about.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-29-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
gerry with short hair? this i have to see. please do post!
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       11-29-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
OK Here it is - although I had to post it on my website since I had trouble uploading it to WW.

This started the afternoon - First they braided his hair (5 briads). Then several took turns cutting each off - Finally Roma (my wife) gave him a trim and then Shaun gave him a buzz. Unfortunately, my battery ran out at that point.

The hair was braided so he can donate it to an organization that makes wigs for kids with cancer.
http://lloyd1.50megs.com/Gerry.htm

PS This almost happened two years ago after a tour stop as Gerry raised money for a wakeboarder that was having money problems (don't remember the details). The "don't cut" donations marginally outweighed the "cut" and he kept the hair until today.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-29-2003, 9:18 PM Reply   
Wasn't it for Mike (I forgot his last name) he became paralized from the waste down from a snowboard accident?
Old    buttacup            11-30-2003, 12:54 AM Reply   
Well I'm sure we'll see him with the new do soon. Thanks for sharing those. He almost looks like one of the guys from the band Korn with those five braids
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-30-2003, 2:10 AM Reply   
Lloyd thanks for the pics. I can't imagine Gerry with short hair, nevermind a buzz! But of course he's doing something good with it, which is his style.

I just can't imagine watching Gerry ride without the signature ponytail and bandana.

Old    lachlantait            11-30-2003, 2:46 AM Reply   
hahaha he'd look sweet i showed a coupla chicks a movie and they saw gerry riding with his signature bandana and where apaulled and shocked to see it, they even went as far to say, wat a waste of a hot guy!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-01-2003, 7:41 AM Reply   
Yup. Mike Copithorne.