Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    aaron_bell            05-15-2003, 5:25 AM Reply   
I have a couple of WD racks, but I'm unsure if I want to use them due to slipping. Is there any others that work better?
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       05-15-2003, 6:03 AM Reply   
Although, some people dislike the Stock "flight Clips" I really like the design, functionality, strenght ect..ect.. of them. Not sure what kind of price tag they have though. You might also want to look at Boss Accessories, I believe they have the 4" oval clamp that fits the Flight Control Tower. Good luck & I hope you find something you like.
John
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2003, 8:30 AM Reply   
Of course a SAN owner likes the flight clips.

I think they are great if you like:
- board rattle against the tower
- four awkward balls between your boards
- no means for 3rd and 4th rack.

Last to the party and still not a great dancer.

check out www.fluidconcepts.net
Old    chase            05-15-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
Dane, you've got some real issues.

Aaron, check out the Invert racks. They make some specifically for the Flight Control Tower and they look really good.

Good Luck!
Old    aaron_bell            05-15-2003, 12:47 PM Reply   
Dane and others thanks for the good ideas and tips.
Old    aaron_bell            05-15-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
Dane,

Do you have a website address for the invert racks?

Aaron
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-15-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
http://www.nvertsports.com/
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-15-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
I has flight clips on my SAN. I like them because they screw into the tower and don't clamp on, so they won't slip. I don't use them too much, but I have yet to notice any of Danedawg's issues. Also, I have no need for a 3rd of 4th rack.
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2003, 2:52 PM Reply   
I like the Flight Clips too and I am a Mastercraft owner. Does anyone know how much they cost?
Old    gotpwr            05-15-2003, 4:18 PM Reply   
I think the Flight Clips are around $450 from the dealer.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-15-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
dose anyone run with 4 racks on a FC Tower, how dose this look, pics?
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-15-2003, 6:08 PM Reply   
It's not possible to use more than one pair of stock Flight Clips because of the mounting setup.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Chase, got pom-poms for your CC cheers?
Old    chase            05-15-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
Dane, How old are you? I thought your profile said you were 40. Is your kid signing in under your name or something. Everytime someone asks for any advice on a SAN topic you find it necessary to bash the owners of these boats when they are simply trying to help. Are you providing these comments for the benefit of others or for the benefit of yourself?

And yes, I have a huge set of CC pom-poms!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
Chase, actually, I have never bashed owners. I only bashed you because you bashed me!

Perhaps you should size up them CC undies with your next CC undies/pom-pom combo pack purchase!
Old    whitechocolate            05-15-2003, 10:34 PM Reply   
"Yes" The Flight Clips racks Are not The End all of board Racks but They dont cos't $450 I think you pay like $250 for them(That's What I payed). and They work good. A nice thing about "Flight Clips" is They hold the boards Straight up so when you Tie up next to other boats or in a tight dock the boards don't Hang way out there like other racks and clang against other boards. I was Looking at the New Mastercraft Board racks and they look like you can't get near they stick way out there. Im had heard the Nvert rack's are going to be factory on all Nautiqes next year No more Flight clip's??????
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       05-15-2003, 11:39 PM Reply   
Good call grant, When I would want to tie up with another boat the boards.racks were always in the way. It just takes some small rollers to come by, rock the boats and you have got boards and racks beaking and bangin off each other.

Old    chase            05-16-2003, 4:55 AM Reply   
Dane, You're hillarious! I'm not sure where I bashed you or what you're talking about but I've had enough of your childish crap! I guess I'll just have to ignore you.

To each his own, I guess.

Grant, I think the nvert racks are an option (upgrade?). They are pretty nice though and they would eliminate all board rattle. I guess we'll have to see.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2003, 5:46 AM Reply   
Jason, I kind of figured you couldn’t run with 4 clips, what I wanted to know was what kind of after market options do people add to there towers for a 8 board racking system
Old    chase            05-16-2003, 6:04 AM Reply   
Matt, I've seen it done before from the top of the tower. It looks a little funny to me, kinda like the way Tige is doing it now with the racks on top of the tower. Seems like they would be hard to get to. Especially if you're as short as I am!
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       05-16-2003, 8:10 AM Reply   
I'm also looking for storage option for two more boards in addition to the two WD racks I have now. Initially I figured a FCT clips on one side would do the trick, but bailed on that idea due to negative comments on this board plus it'd probably look goofy having some boards upright (clips) and the rest fanned-out (WD racks). I'd prefer a more consistent appearance for the extra rack.

I've given a little thought to just adding a rail rack on the back (Boss) but that would definitely pose problems for my cover and it seems like it could get in the way of opening one of the rear hatches. Guess I'd prefer to just add another rack to the flat bar on the tower.

I'll second Matt's question -- anyone running multiple racks on the FCT?? How's it work out?
Old    aaron_bell            05-16-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
Grant,

Do you know if the Nvert racks come in black? I was on the site but didn't notice any information suggesting such. With the tower being black I think it would be a better match having black racks.
Old    aaron_bell            05-16-2003, 12:38 PM Reply   
Grant,

Do you know if the Nvert racks come in black? I was on the site but didn't notice any information suggesting such. With the tower being black I think it would be a better match having black racks.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-16-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
Aaron, painted racks are a bad idea. They will chip. Polished racks look fine on a black tower.
Old    whitechocolate            05-16-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
Aaron; No they don't come in Black: Dane is right the painted rack's can be a bad Idea, I was thinking of re-plating the Stainless Steel Nvert racks. There is a Finish called Black Chrome it's a Translucent Chrome that is often called Smoked Chrome. It would look near black and be very diffrent I wanted to see if Nvert would sell me a set Un-assembled and then I would have them plated and then have them re-assembled at Nvert. They said all the racks are made off site or over sea's so this would not be possable! Bummer, Im still undecided?
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-16-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
the flight clips on the upper flat bar and a second rack on the lower bar works really well. The racks may not be exactly the same, but it certainly doesn't look bad. But then again, I don't think having 8 boards sticking off the side of a tower really looks that great anyway, regardless of the rack...more function over form.

I use the WD racks on the lower bar. If I don't need the extra space, just leave them off (WD racks are semi-quick release...for the most part....if you keep them coated in WD-40)

I really like the flight clips....also like the Nvert racks, but I'm going to wait a bit longer before seriously considering them as a replacement for the WD racks. Their design seems to still be evolving.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-16-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
The new Wakeside Battle Rack is a great choice for FCT's. There are three ways to mount it.

1. New FCT oval mount is available. Mount is chrome.

2. Lift-off option instead of mount. The Lift-off option can be bolted directly to the flat oval cross member for a clean look. You get a bonus of instant rack removal with one hand.

3. Vertical round tube install.

Check out the details:

http://www.wakeside.com/miva/merchant.mv?page=W/PROD//wakeside_battle_rack

I think this is a great rack for Nautiques with the Flight Control Tower. It's 100% chrome - no tarnish!

Mike Hellweg
http://www.wakeside.com

Wakeside/Titan clamps for FCT
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2003, 9:13 PM Reply   
hay mike how about a pic with the racks on a FCT?
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-17-2003, 7:12 AM Reply   
I keep hearing about the Invert racks. There have been several threads asking for feedback, but I have yet to hear from people who have and use them. My dealership says they rattle and make noise when they're empty. I was going to order a set, but they've talked me out of it. I have yet to actually see a set. It would be nice to check them out before spending $450. I have also heard they are changing in some way. Does anyone have real world experience with these?
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-17-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
I don't have a pic with the racks on a FCT yet. This weekend, David Williams will have one on his Malibu and I'm sure that he will take some pics. I hope that he does a review for his readers.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-19-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
Right on Tom. The feedback has been slim. NVert appears innovative but I will sit on the sidelines until I get some positive real-world feedback.