Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old    supraguy            07-20-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
So we where taking a set on glass sat. and there was us and one other boat on this section of water and when ever there ridder fell the driver would punch it and turn making rollers in all directions. Do people have any comansence any more or maybe they don't mind ridding rollers.... LEARN TO DRIVE YOU A WAKEBOARDER NOT A SKIER !!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-20-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
Skier's should get just as pissed as wakeboarders. I see a lot more wakeoarders out power turning than skiers. I do agree with however that they should learn the right way to do it. Did you go tell them the right way to do it? Maybe they just don't know any better.
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-20-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
Ohhh, the irony!
Old    supraguy            07-20-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
they took off when we stated heading there way. Guess there set was over. I have no problem with skiers I share a spot in the channel on our local lake we get a long fine. I just hate the high speed turn around it san be so frustrating when trying to progress.... Dam Them
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
I agree - wakeboarders are a bigger culprit when it comes to powerturning. Just amateur driving... being afraid of crossing over your own wake at low speeds seems to be the culprit in both cases.

Well, of course, there are people who just loooooove to powerturn for no reason at all.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-20-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
All it takes is a little comansence to see that powerturns make ridding worse for everyone. Where all looking to have a good time out there, especially if you a wakeboarder!

-Steve
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-20-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
way more douche bag wakeboarders out there doing powerturns than skiers. Now-a-days people are putting towers on anything.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-20-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
this thread is full of LOLZ
Old     (ride900)      Join Date: May 2007       07-20-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
I kant eaven undertand what pepole on hear are talking aboot, i kant understan there tiping.

HAHAHAH
My grammar sucks but damn...
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-20-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
What about when you drive double ups? You feel that's ok, but not power turns?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-20-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
good point jeff. ive always wondered the same. and the only reason i could see a double up being okay comppared to a power turn. is that a power turn is just making it bad for everyone. there is no use for it at all. while a double up, its usefull. and ive only tried 3 or 4 double ups. but the only time i will do it is if no one is around
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-20-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
Doubleups usually come at the end of a line when you have to turn around anyway.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-20-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
Yeah...I know. It just seems like every other week there's somebody bitching about what someone else is doing.

OMG, it was all like glass and stuff and ZOMG these guys were toobing!!11!! Totally trashing our butter. I think they shouldn't have a boat or be allowed to have children. You guys agree with me right?

You really only have 3 options: Go somewhere else, learn to deal with it, or give up wakeboarding. Try getting up earlier. When the kooks start coming out, we pack it in. Simple as that.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
comansence BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I am sorry... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-20-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
^ x2
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-20-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
you can drive double ups without sending rollers down your path, just take a hard left (heelside double up for regular footed rider) drive straight for about 50-75 feet? then circle back around and cross at desired angle, thats how we do it any way, works like a charm
Old    killyourtv            07-20-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
^^the hard left still throws rollers down the line you just drove!

i love DU's but only do them when there is nobody on the water but me.

i agree with Jeff completly! get up earlier, find a private lake or just stop complaining. it's only gonna get worse not better!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
Kiley is right if you drive a DUB correctly you will not send rollers, although you definitely dont take a hard left or right to accomplish this.
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-20-2009, 8:31 PM Reply   
Yeah, regrettably it does not get better...

However, it helps to have a loudspeaker.

remember though, it is a free country and they did pay the fee to enter the lake and enjoy, just like you.
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-21-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-21-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
thats how I drive them, works every time, does NOT send rollers down my riding path
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-21-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Nobody's talking about YOUR riding path, I'm talking about the people around you that you may be affecting....
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-21-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
This is why everyone should slam out the boat with weight, no way can you power turn a boat with 5Klbs in it.
Old     (fingerstick)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
stay close to shore and drive in a straight line
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-22-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
I still want a flag that says "show boobs" on one side and "no power turns" on the other.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-22-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
Love Power Turners! NOT.....
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-22-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
I had the craziest thing happen to me this weekend. We were out riding fairly early on Lake Nacimiento which is dreadfully low right now. There is this one cove that is usually pretty nice but normally packed with d-bags messing up the water. So we duck in there because it looks glassy and can't see another boat. We ride for awhile and 3 other boats show up. Now this is where it gets crazy!!! All 4 boats were legit and no one power turned and everyone got great water!!! I almost fell out of the drivers seat, I went home and bought 10 Lotto tickets (still poor). Anyways, it can be done, I now believe that there is hope for mankind (let's not talk about the 3 other boats I did yell out over the course of the weekend).