Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (jdarr)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
I have been riding a liquid force wide impulse 43 in. rides good but but was defective, and I just recently bought a Gator board urban 43in, and I cant get up on the damn thing, although they are both the same size. I am 5'9" 205 lbs. I have been riding wakeboards for years and fairly new to wakeskating, whats up, what size board would you recommend, brand?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-09-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
What exactly is happening different from when you rode the LF?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
i heard the urban series is hard to get up on
Old     (jdarr)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
WEll I seem to pop right up on the LF, but I just drag ass and the board does not seem to get out of the water, I was looking for them and saw that there were 45,44 so should I get a bigger one, maybe or could it be that I have the LF wide model?
Old     (fontain06)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
I dont claim to be an expert by any means, but lately i've been teaching a few people to get up on a skate. what you might be doing is not turning your board soon enough. alot of people that get really comfortable seem to be able to get up without turning the board. if this new board is not as wide, you might not be getting the same amount of push. i hope that helps/makes sense.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-10-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
Justin, I'm not sure a longer skate would be the answer. I just don't understand why the Urban series would/should be more difficult to get up on than any other skate.

Are you starting with the skate floating on top of the water or are you standing on it underwater?
Old     (jdarr)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-11-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
on top of the water, its doesnt wanna get up under me
Old     (jdarr)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-11-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
Im prolly gunna go back and get the LF wide model, it rides very nice too, any input on a skate if you like to go wake to wake more often