Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Jdog)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-20-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
First, I want to thank this forum for helping me decide which boat to buy at the beginning of the year.

We surf 90% of the time, and needed a boat that could make a great wake on boath sides and switch between sides quickly since half the family is goofy and half are regular (and none of us our patient!)

We also needed a lot of push since I weigh 280 and we have several people that like to surf that are over 300lbs.

The results are exactly what we were looking for! We can now swith between regular and goofy in 60 seconds and have a great wake on both sides. The pics do not show the length of the wake very good since it is on an iphone. However, it is nice and long (several pumps in length) with a smooth transition on both sides.

I will post a video also which might give you a better view of the length. No tricks ... just an iphone of a person sitting in the boat. I can also get it about 5 feet longer by moving weight to the front. However, for a bigger person, you get much more push with it like this. We have three people in the boat (one adult and two kids).

Regular Wake:

Name:  Right Surf.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  156.7 KB

Goofy Wake:

Name:  Left Surf.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  162.6 KB

Video:

from J S on Vimeo.

The boat is an MB B52 (2012) and was set up for me by Jeff at Aqua Sports Marine in Fenton, Michigan. All I do is hit a few buttons, but if you have any questions, you can ask him directly.

The left, right, and front all have extra ballast plumbed into the boat (all different weights). We fill them all up to start. Then we use the gated internal ballasts to switch between sides in 60 seconds.

We could not be happier with the purchase as it fits our needs perfectly. I figured there might be other people out there with the same concerns I had (getting a great wake on both sides and being able to switch quickly), so I am posting this info.

Happy Surfing!
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-20-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
That is pretty darn sweet. Thanks for taking time to post this.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-20-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
How much weight did he add, an where is it positioned at? My mb 23 should be here next week
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-20-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
Wake looks great, enjoy. Lots of fun ahead of you.
Old     (Jdog)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-24-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
Sorry it took so long to respond Bill.

The boat has a lot of freeboard and can comfortably handle a lot of weight. As you can see in the pic, there is still plenty of room to add more weight if needed since the corner is still out of the water by quite a bit.

Here is the weighting:

1100 lb sac in goofy back locker
Enzo Sac (around 1400) in regular back corner
650lb v sac in front
520lbs of pop bags
-- right behind driver for goofy surf
-- on other side of boat for regular surf
-- Therefore, you do need to move these also, but it is really fast since they are right across the boat from each other
Trim tab at 50% for both sides

If I have more people in the boat, I just have them sit around the boat to keep this angle, which is nice, since everyone can be comfortable instead of crammed on one side of the boat.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other question. Happy Surfing!