Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-26-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
While I was out on the boat this weekend I was taking the rope off of my tower when I noticed the speaker was cutting in/out. We had a problem earlier in the summer with a the other side set of speakers cutting in/out and it was just a lose cable. When I went to see to check the amp, the wire was lose so I figured I would just screw it back in.

This is what I don’t understand. All of the thread to screw the into the speaker channel were gone. I mean there were no shavings or anything in the channel slot or anything. it was almost like they melted away? The screw was jammed up in there and the wire was bouncing back and forth which was causing the speaker to cut in and out. I was able to rigid it to work for the weekend however that was only temporary.

Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Do the amps come with a warranty? It’s not even 6 months old as we bought the boat brand new in April and the dealer added 4 revs8 and a syn-2 amp. Anyone know what I should do?

Btw, the Revs8 are amazing and the syn-2 amp never overheats and plays amazing.

--dave
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
After installing tons of these amplifiers I can't recall seeing this before. Non-corrosive stainless steel terminals and hardware may be a little softer. Over-torguing or cross-threading could contribute. But the exact cause really doesn't matter because Wetsounds is great about working with people on issues like this. So give Wetsounds a ring.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-26-2012, 7:45 PM Reply   
David C, I have the same exact setup, what are your settings on your syn-2...hrtz and gain levels?
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-26-2012, 9:52 PM Reply   
Wet sounds defines customer service in my experience. Give them a shout, I bet Tim posts in this thread before you get around to call them. Don't worry you will be covered.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-27-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevev210 View Post
David C, I have the same exact setup, what are your settings on your syn-2...hrtz and gain levels?
Im not really sure. Im not near the boat because we picked it up and stored it for the hurricane approaching. I can find out. Mine sounds great and really loud. Wetsounds rock!!!!!

I have never seen this on an amp before. The set screw almost looks like its too small for the hole. Also, where the threads should be is completely smooth which is whats puzzling to me.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-27-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
Did you install it or did a ship do it for you? Almost sounds like a screw was lost and someone tried to replace it with the wrong one.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-27-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
Sounds good David, hit me up when u see your boat again...be safe over there!