Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       06-23-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
I am picking it up on Thurs, wondering how people are running there ballast for wakeing and surfing? Never used the power wedge before. It has 3 tanks at 950lbs, thinking of a 500lb bag on either side of the engine and a 5 -600lb bag in the front that we will plumb in under the seat. It has the polished stainless turned down exhaust, how much less noise will there be? How is the malibu speed control? We all ready have a new acme prop on the way, heard that they make a huge diff when the boat is slammed.

Thanks we are stoked! Oh yeah I got it for $48,000 US with only 80 hrs on it,good price?

Couldn't resize on my laptop here are the pics: http://www.whitelake.com/malibu_wakesetter_vlx_06.htm
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-23-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
very sick boat, love that color scheme...
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-23-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
The malibu speed control works really well and is very easy to use. That is a good price and sounds like your weight might be about right. Hope you got the acme 1235.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       06-23-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Yeah we got the 1235, heard it pays itself off in one summer, we typically will put 250 hrs on a season.

Love the colors as well, we will taking the flaming wakesetter graphic off before it hits the water.

Anybody have experience with the silent exhaust?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-23-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
yeah it's no more silent than any other exhaust... just additional bling.
We have the 340 and it really isn't that loud though anyhow
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
The malibu speed is good, I haven't had any problems with it. 5-600 is plenty of weight up front. I'd hold off with the extra weight in the back until you play with the wedge a little bit. I've got just the stock 4 mls tanks and the wedge. With 3-4 people in the boat the wake is huge. Adding that extra weight will really make the wake more verticle, the wedge already does that. Depends on what kind of wake you like. I agree the 340 isn't all that loud, sounds really nice though. I'd say you got a fair deal I like the color combo congrats.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Wow.. Nice boat. I'd leave it like it is.
Looks like someone did a decent job on the stereo install too.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-23-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
I hate to say it, but the previous owner put a ton of work in that boat to only use it for 80hrs.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-24-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
You don't need any extra ballast with that boat. The wake is really a great size and shape, I had lot's of folks going big on the stock wake.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-24-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
You will want weight in the front. If you don't have the front ballast tank, I think it would be a good idea to add the integrated bow sac. I fill the front ballast tank in my boat and also have 160 lbs. of pop bags in the front. It shapes the wake real nice. I agree with everyone else that stock ballast in the mid and rear is plenty.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2007, 6:33 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat. Carl and the others at WhiteLake are really good people. that one was on my site too and i licked my chops hoping i could sell mine in time to snag that one up! Damn you! haha.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
Yeah, all the guys and Dianne at White lake have been great! Just hoping that my shipping guys shows up haven't heard from him in 4 days???, I am in BC, Can. pretty much coast to coast.........

I personally love a steeper wake and love going huge so we might just stick with the 350lbs either side of the engine and build a xtra sac in the front under the playpen pull out.

Power wedge all the way down all the time? what about surfing with it?

Thanks,

Ryan
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
I like the silent exhaust on our '06 but I think it makes the back of the boat dirtier for some reason. It's always all clouded and I have to wipe it down really well after every time out. I usually wipe it down, but I have to on the back or it looks nasty!

You're going to want that bag in the nose pretty soon! You need that front ballast, but wait on the back. Try the wedge, it might float your boat but I don't like it.

We run 500 in each trunk, another 400 in lead in the nose plus full stock 1250 lbs (we have the built in front tank) the wake is very nice. Just a massive ramp!

For surfing, we fill front, mid and surf side rear tank. We add 500-600 in water on surf side trunk and move the 400lbs of lead to the surf side under the seats. Wedge full down at around 9.4-10.6 MPH.

You'll love that 1235 prop!