Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
dad needs help!
I have 2 daughters... 10 and 8
looking for a board but getting differing opinions about length
HL has the 119 Divine...has butterfly graphics
haven't seen other boards

some have told me to get a board longer than 119
any thoughts or recommendations?

thanks for the help
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-20-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
Here is what we started out on when my daughters started wakeboarding. My older one started out on a hyperlite voyager which was a 120 i think at age 10 and my little one was on a hyperlite premier 119. they both rode these boards for about a year and now my oldest who is going to be 15 soon is riding a hyperlite eden 125. she was riding a hyperlite divine 132 but i brought her down to a 125 so she can rotate better doing her roll 2 revert. she likes the eden 125. my 11 year old daughter has been on a hyperlite 124 premier for the last 2 years and loves it. they both have belmont bindings. we have been pleased with the hyperlite brand and would suggest this to you. keep in mind that you will be getting different boards as time goes on. we must have 6 boards in the closet that are new from winning tournaments to getting a good deal on them. the girls graphics are nice on the hyperlite boards too. hope this helps you out if you need more info let us know... good luck
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2005, 9:44 PM Reply   
thanks for the input!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-24-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
My 10 year old son in on a hyperlite Motive 119 with mini spin bindings. It is a great board and bindings and he has been on it 2 years. I was originally told to put him on a large board cause they are easier to get up on and ride. Wrong. The smaller one has been perfect. I think what is important in buying a board is getting the board to fit the rider.....ability as well as weight. You can't go wrong when it comes to the hyperlite motive for young beginner rippers. Also..there is only a 2cm difference between 119 & 121. Just my thoughts and experience. Hope it helps. Good luck