Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    yearling            06-17-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
Ok... I dont get this... What happened to these speakers. Is monster tower just out of stock? Ive heard so much about the Evids and the NVS. If I can find out where I can get my hands on some that would be great.
Old    blindsiderider            06-17-2004, 11:30 PM Reply   
Monster is no longer selling them. The price got to high. They do rock we have a set and love them
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2004, 4:05 AM Reply   
Board It Up, just today, signed on to be an NVS retailer.

Until August 1, free shipping in CONUS.

rider@boarditup.com
Old    yearling            06-18-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
Ive heard so much about the Nvs speakers. I dont know if we would pay that much for them though. Does anybody know if youd be able to hear the kicker speakers that monster sells if you were riding about 70 feet behind the boat?
Old    blindsiderider            06-18-2004, 5:25 PM Reply   
Did you e mail monster they had a few pairs left. might just check and see.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-19-2004, 1:17 AM Reply   
I talked to Monster earlier this week. They did not have anymore brackets. They pointed me to another source for generic speaker brackets and I bought the speakers from an online audio seller.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       06-19-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
Take a look at www.liquidaudiosounds.com

These guys have great prices and will take good care of you. I have 4 of the Kicker K-60's on my tower with the brushed aluminum cans. These baby's are LOUD. Clear as a bell at 70-80 feet.

I don't really care for their mounts, so you may want to do something different there (I'd be happy to explain what I did).

Check them out.

(Message edited by rschrock on June 19, 2004)
Old    yearling            06-19-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
Yeah sounds pretty good. My goal was to only have to use 2 speakers on the tower ( to reduce weight on the tower). Im not looking for the best speakers but I wanted to be able to hear them behind the boat. Am I going to need 4 speakers to be able to hear the music while im riding?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-21-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
Mike, email me with where you got the brackets!
Thanks
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-21-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
It depends upon how loud and clear you want to be. To be loud and clear, you have to move air at hearing frequencies a long distance. Alternately, you can move it a shorter distance bu more more cubic inches of air with more surface area. It is more efficient to move it a longer distance.

Consumer audio uses limited throw speakers to keep the cost down. Professional audio uses much more robust components to have more excursion and move more air.

So it means you have two approaches: Consumer or pro audio. I sell both: Loud Liquid and NVS. In my opinion these are the two best executions of these approaches on the market. The LL gear is a great value and sounds great. NVS is now in a class by itself.

One qualifier, you must have enough amp to run either speakers. Power consumption by the speakers rises exponentially with the decibles expected. Every 3 decibel increase doubles the amount of power required. So if you have a 90dB speaker (1 watt at 1 meter) and want to get to 140dB (pain threshold) you need well over 1000 watts. Pro audio speakers are very efficient giving you a boost in terms of power conservation.

(Message edited by boarditup on June 21, 2004)
Old    chavezychavez            06-21-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Well put Karl.

2p: You can "get away" with 1 NVS set (2 woofs and 1 HLCD) if space/weight is a concern. It will still be loud and clear at great distance.
Old    yearling            06-21-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. I think that Nvs would be the way to go if you could still hear the music with one set. The cost is also an issue. The less we can spend the better. Is there much difference between the two different NVS speakers? Is one alot stronger than the other?
Old    chavezychavez            06-21-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
I have heard the 8's and they are #$@!ing loud (and clear).

I can't even imagine the 10's.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-22-2004, 4:11 AM Reply   
In the next month we will begin offering kits to convert several types of speakers (Evid 6.2's, KB600's and Bose 151's to start) to tower speakers. Were getting all th parts made now and I'm putting together the instructions.

Since anyone can all buy the speakers on eBay and at other discounters cheaper than we can buy them direct in their OEM programs, this will be our direction. "BYOS" - Bring your own speaker :-)

The Evid's are a comercial level of using outdoor professional audio components for tower speakers. The NVS speakers are the pinnical of this using the "spare no expense, best possible components" approach.

Anyone know what is up with Nvert? They has a great looking pro audio setup (that was equal to one NVS) but I have not heard much from them lately?
Old    chavezychavez            06-22-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
Nvert is no more. Their setup (that was equal to 1 NVS) was also loud as #@^*!!

Their racks were quite innovative as well. Too bad they couldn't make it happen.