Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-12-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
We started 2 years ago with the Hyperlite Broadcast. I'm 5'10" about 180lbs and can free ride pretty good, as well as very basic carving. Now that we're getting better, we can really tell the board is a slower board. I'm looking to upgrade to something that's not as sluggish so I can try new stuff.

With my height and weight in mind, what are some boards to look at? If it matters, we have a 2010 Mobius LSV and it has a pretty decent wake. Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by tl7; 05-12-2010 at 8:57 PM. Reason: subscribe to thread
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-14-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
The Liquid Force Fish 5'3'' is an awesome boards and responds great and super fast. It is also a great board for your size and wake.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
Are you looking to progress towards a certain riding style, surf or skim?
Do you want to stay with a production model board, or something more custom?
Does your boat have a rack for thicker boards, or would you like to stay with something that fits in a wakeboard rack like the broadcast?

I really enjoyed riding and progressing on the CWB Razr. There are some great phase 5 boards, oogle/prop. And as always, great Inland boards like the swallow/sweet spot. It really depends on what you want to get out of the new board. Buget?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
if you ant to go with a surf shape i think The Walker Project f-18 would be a good fit. Its a high performance board that has beginners in mind. We had a great response with this deck at the Wakesurf Festival this weekend. a lot of guys wanted to check out the Signature model because its the top of the line but after demoing it they grabbed the F-18 for a demo and fell in love. Depending on your wake you can go with the 4'6" or 4'8", but the 4'8" works for most people.

hopefully some of those guys that tried it and chime in.

for skim style the black pearl yellow by inland surfer is extremely popular. you can change up the fin configurations and totally change the ride. from perfect board for beginners with the 6cm fins to advanced level skim with the stock fin or no fin.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
I second a vote for the Inland Surfer Black Pearl yellow. Sweet board!
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-18-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
might even wanna look at the IS Squirt...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-18-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
might even wanna look at the IS Squirt...
The Squirt would be a lateral move. It is very similar to the broadcast. Its a bit better than the broadcast but it still wouldnt be an upgrade.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-18-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
I rode the Lakewakes 5.2,and can tell you,this would be a huge upgrade over a Broadcast (but what isn't?) that everyone in your boat could ride very comfortably,but you'd still be able to throwdown on.